Part 16

I always seem to be a the last one awake, as my roommates already seem to be making a ruckus.

"Nooo- the medicine tastes bad!!"

"I thought we were over this?" Aoi was already getting frustrated with Zenitsu.

Zenitsu was always whining about his medicine, so no he wasn't over it. I stretch and swing my feet over the side of the bed, my feet touching the wooden flooring. I take a big breath- oh? Touching the floor, I can already feel how Zenitsu is squirming a bed away. I can feel the steady breathing of Tanjiro across the room, Inosuke doesn't seem to be around.

"Where's Inosuke?" I ask, facing Tanjiro.

"Good morning (Y/N), I think he's already outside,"

"The tailors got your design, they said it's would only be about a week before it comes in." Aoi chimes in, taking a break from struggling with Zenitsu.

"Great, thank you Aoi. Would you like any help?"

"If you think you can get him to take it, be my guest."

I hum at her response, getting up and walking over to Zenitsus bed. Stepping around the table with the medicine.

"You've gotten good at that," Aoi comments, patting my shoulder as I pass, a sense of pride emanating from her. I smile, although I'm not short on praise around here, between Zenitsus compliments and Tanjiros encouragement, it's always nice to hear it from someone else.

"Thanks, been practicing. It's almost second nature now, but I still struggle sometimes." I tap the table before setting my hand down, I've learned that if an object is solitary I'll have to find it through vibrations.

I pick up the medicine cup, and sniff it. I cringe, it smells worse than usual. I sit next to Zenitsu on his bed. He's already squirming away from the medicine.

"C'mon Zeni, you've gotta know you're almost done with this."

"But it's so bad I just wanna-" he paused in the middle of winding himself up, "almost done?"

"Mhm, it's been about a month or so and you're already back to your normal size it seems. So this could be your last one."

"You're just saying that to get me to take it," Zenitsus usual thrashing was replaced by suspicion.

"No really, think about it. You stop taking medicine when you get healthy, and you're basically already there so this could be it. You've been taking it everyday right?"

"Mhm"

"See, you're doing so good about it, you can finish this strong, for me?" I angle my face towards Zenitsu, a soft smile and a light tilt of my head. I can feel him fluster from here and I know it's working.

"Well- I- You're so cute, how can anyone say no to that face?!" He shuffles closer, as if to hug me, but I stay calm. He's not paying attention, so now's the time to strike. As he's in his little fantasy world fawning over how cute and nice I am, I put the cup in his and and wrap my own around his.

I guide the cup to his face and he drinks it on his own, forgetting the medicine momentarily. I slide myself away from him quickly as he realizes what I've done.

"IT TASTES SO BAD, HOW COULD YOU BETRAY ME LIKE THIS?!"

"It's done, you took your medicine Zeni, aren't you glad?"

"YOU USE THAT CUTE FACE FOR SUCH DECEPTION, I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS?!"

I laugh him off, walking towards the door and sliding it open. Sticking my tongue out in mockery as I slip out of the room. I've gotten good at navigating the house alone, at least to the courtyard and back.