Part 15

We continued to train together, I was the only one still training with Aoi, but I tried to keep up my morale.

They all had the advantage of sight, and I only had my breathing. It was frustrating, when I'd play against one of the boys. Tanjiro refused to throw the tea at me and Zenitsu would just flirt. Inosuke was the only one who played fairly with me.

"Go!" Splash. "Again... Go!" My hands brushed against his as I stopped his cup and I focused. He's having fun, but that's not what I'm trying to learn.

I've noticed that I can feel emotions yes, but underneath it all sometimes I can feel a persons intent. Their wants and sometimes, if they're loud enough, their thoughts.

Although, I should've realized it before, but Inosuke is a simple guy. His hand pulled away from the cup and-

Splash!

He only thought of grabbing another cup.

"It'd work better if you didn't wear all that clothing," Inosuke gave me a break.

"I- look, Inosuke, I can't just go without a shirt everywhere."

"Then don't, stop wearing sleeves." I raise my eyebrows, and tug of the wet sleeve of the uniform.

"That might work but I can't just rip up these clothes, they aren't mine." But maybe-

"Is Aoi still here?" The girl had been quiet, but I still felt her presence watching over our games.

"Yes, (Y/N)?"

"Could I have some alterations made to the replacement kimono?"

"I don't see why not, what'd you have in mind?"

And so the rest of the afternoon was spent with Aoi, she helped me plan out what my new kimono would look like. Although, I'm sure that with the alterations we made, it couldn't count as a kimono anymore.

"And there! I'd say the sketch looks pretty good, and if it's not clear enough, I wrote down the list you made what you wanted,"

"Does it look alright? You don't think it's too much?"

"Honestly, you're going to get looks wearing this, but I think that you being able to use total concentration breathing to see is more important than what anyone has to say," Aoi pats my shoulder to reassure me.

"Plus you'll have the coat that I suggested, you're welcome for that by the way." I felt a little sheepish.

"I was thinking about trying to see, I wasn't thinking about the weather!"

"Because 'seeing' is important to you, and you not getting sick from overexposure to the elements is important to me." I could feel her smug face from here, so I scrunched my nose at her and stood up.

"Well yes, thank you for looking out for me Aoi, you're so very kind-"

"And smart, and pretty, and-"

"Incredibly humble too."

"Absolutely!"

I couldn't help but laugh, Aois laughter joining mine as she helped me back toward the medical room.

Although most of our injuries have healed, we haven't actually been given a room to stay in. I didn't mind though, I found it hard to sleep without someone trustworthy nearby. Although one of us did get a room.

"Actually Aoi, it's sundown right? Can you take me to Nezuko?"

"Of course, she's usually starting to wake up around this time, isn't she?"