Part 11

Zenitsus bravery, like everything, wore thin with time. If I could be annoyed I would but since we're holding hands I can't help but feel as he does. He's not panicking anymore, which is nice, but now he's complaining about the spiders.

"This sound of spiders rustling around is so creepy! I'm sure these spiders are doing their best to survive, too, but still!"

"Zen, I can feel the spiders crawling around, so I understand where you're coming from. But could you please not yell? They're not going to listen to you," I'm so close to walking blind again, I like Zenitsu but when things are serious like this he's impossible to deal with.

"Damnit! Just stay still!" I let go of his hand and feel the tension melt off me, and I quickly decide that sparing Zenitsus feelings is less important than keeping my own sanity. "Wait! (Y/N)-"

"Nope, I'm not holding your hand anymore. You hear well but you can't remember things for your life. I can feel what you feel, and you're stressing me out way more than this creepy spider forest ever could!" My frustrations have reached their boiling point, now that my emotions are my own I realize I haven't been afraid for a moment that I've been on this mountain.

"And you just keep complaining! Spiders this, demons that! Pick yourself up, Zenitsu! No one is going to do anything in this life for you, so grab life by the horns and do it yourself! Brush the spiders off and let's keep looking for out friends." I brush myself off in example, the spiders falling from my kimono. I take a breath. Yelling at Zenitsu isn't going to help us. As I'm breathing, I'm noticing something behind me and Zenitsu's shivering again.

"No!! That's a spider with a human face! A spider with a human face!"

"Wait what?!" I jump back towards Zenitsu, my imagination running wild.

"What's up with that?! What's up with that?! Please be a dream! Please be a dream!"

"Zenitsu please tell me what's there!"

"If this can just be a dream, I promise to do my best! If I wake up to find myself resting my head on Nezuko's lap, then I promise to give it all I have! I'll even plow fields! I'll be glad to plow a whole acre, no, even two acres! So, please! Let me wake up from this nightmare!"

"Damnit Zen! Where is it!" I don't get a response as Zenitsu squeals and hides behind me. A voice laughs from somewhere over head. I focus my breathing as Zenitsu keeps yelling at the spider person thing, we're on the outskirts of a clearing of sorts. There's something big in the middle, hung up by spiderwebs, as well as bodies strung up similarly. I'm glad that I can't actually see the horrors that's laid out in front of me. Suddenly I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Zenitsu tugging me along to run with him.

"It's no use running away. You're already losing."
The thing finally speaks, following behind us.

"What are you muttering about?! I don't wanna hear it, so stop talking to me! I don't like guys like you, all right?!" I finally catch up to Zenitsus running although it feels like we're going in circles.

"You already know how dire your situation is, don't you?"

"What are you talking about?!"

"Take a look at your hands." I pay attention to the hand holding my own and it's like I'm holding a rotten squash, I drop it with and audible noise of disgust. The spider thing just keeps laughing.

"Huh?! My hands?! What's wrong with my hands...?!"

"It's poison. You got bitten by a spider, right? That poison will turn you into a spider, too." The spider stops chasing us, so I stand by Zenitsu, who's shivering with fear.