Part 9

When I fell asleep in Inosukes arms, I had no clue how I'd wake up. I had assumed I'd be dropped rudely or perhaps left somewhere, I was wrong.

I woke up with the boys yelling at one another.

"You can't just take her with you!"

"It's indecent!"

"She's blind so it's not like she can see us anyway!"

"You can't force an unconscious girl to stay in the room with us while we change!"

Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Tanjiro were all yelling at each other.

Inosuke was shaking me around in his arms, perhaps running away from the other boys.

I started to squirm in Inosukes arms, my movements surprising him into stillness.

The two pursuing him bumped into his back and I felt their eyes on me. I gave a short yawn as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and asked.

"What's going on, guys?"

I felt Inosuke kneel as he gently let my feet touch the ground and I held his shoulders until I was steady.

"Thank you for carrying me Inosuke, I really appreciate it."

"Yeah, I'm pretty great!" Inosukes enthusiasm was bold as ever, but the other boys didn't seem to appreciate it.

"He tried to bring you into a room of naked men! Don't thank him!" Zenitsu burst out yelling, pulling Inosuke away from me.

Stepping into the vacant spot in front of me, Zenitsu shook my shoulders. Feeling his distress, I placed my hands on top of his own and his shaking stopped. I could feel him start to blush.

"What Zenitsu is trying to say is that we made it to our resting place. We were offered rooms here and a meal and a change of clothes. Inosuke hasn't put you down this whole time and was about to bring you into the changing room with us," Tanjiro explained the situation to me as I pulled Zenitsus hands off my shoulders.

"(Y/N)! First he put his hands all over you and now he's trying to expose himself in front of you! Please tell me you understand how improper and indecent that is!" Zenitsu's fretting came back all too soon and I held his hands tightly in my own. I felt the bones in his hands begin to crack and bump into one another until he yelped in pain.

"Zenitsu, you will stop yelling at me and I will let go. Do you understand?" I could hear his hums of agreement and feel his head shake over-dramatically. My hands released his and he backed away to nurse them. I brushed off my kimono and turned to where I thought Tanjiro was.

"So, we made it to a resting place? Are we in a town or something?" I asked. Tanjiro spoke up.

"Well, no. We're at a resting place specifically for demon slayers, but since I told them you had been helping us they extended their help to you too. Once we tell Hisa that you're awake, I'm sure she'll take care of you too."

"Ah, thank you for telling me." I took a moment to consider what's happened since I woke up, and I still have questions.

"Can you tell me why Zenitsu is yelling about me going into the changing room with you?" I could feel Tanjiro and Zenitsu deadpan.

"You don't think there's something wrong with that?" Tanjiro asks slowly. I shake my head.

"It's not like I can see you? And I trust that none of you will do anything to me, but I can see that you might be uncomfortable with me in the room. However, if you're worried about my comfort, then I'm fine, I've never seen a naked man and I don't think I ever will."