𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𖣔

Sanemi woke you up in the middle of the night saying you guys need to train, and you thought- 'who the fuck trains in the middle of the damn night?' as much as you wanted to go to sleep, you had to train in order to join the Demon Slayer Corps and save everybody from their doom, so you got up without any complaint.

You two headed to the backyard and saw Satō sitting on a rock in a criss-cross position, you and Sanemi headed over to where she was and stood in front of her, She stared at the two of you, eyes stern and cold.

'I'm going to be so awesome'

And those were her last words before she succumbs to despair and agony.

𖣔

After a few 11 months of training you managed to catch up with Sanemi, He's still slightly stronger than you though but despite that you've changed a lot when it comes to stamina and strength. You and Sanemi also have gotten close throughout the months and you were absolutely proud of that not only you have Sanemi as your friend, he was also your second so you were very happy.

You never really had any genuine or long friendships since you never know how to deal with friends and it led you to feel distant and lonely everytime you hung out with your so-called friends but when Amy, Sanemi and other fictional characters came into your life you felt less lonely and Satō was like a nice mother you've always wish you had and it was nice to hang out with her. You cherished every moment you had with them.

You really do..

𖣔

You were chilling in the bedroom staring at the ceiling 'how nostalgic..' you thought to yourself.
You heard the shoji sliding open, you looked at the person who opened it and found Sanemi
You sat up and looked at him before giving him a close-eyed smile, "Hello Sanemi what is it?" You asked, Light pink tinted Sanemi's cheeks but was hard to see cause of the lantern lighting up the room.

He looked around and said- "can i chill in here with you?" He asked, 'Sanemi just said a slang..He definitely got that shit from me -'

"Yea sure" you happily agreed, he gulped and reluctantly headed to sit next to you. He sat down and looked around. 'this shit feels so intima- no (Y/N)! You and Sanemi are still young! Study comes first at an age like this!' you thought.

"So what you wanna talk about??" You asked the white haired boy. "Eh...About the Final Selection-" he nervously said, "oooh.... Are you worried I'll die or something? If you are then don't worry i won't die!" you replied, you weren't really worried about the Final Selection since you have to focus on training and being stressed of something that has to do with the future is very distracting. His face turned beet red "NO!! I wasn't worried about you!-" he stubbornly denied w but that was literally the whole point on why he wanted to talk to you, "oh really?~" you teased. "But seriously though i won't die! Pinky promise!" You said. Sanemi looked at your face the to your hand. He raised his hand and pulled out his pinky but he didn't link with yours yet. Not yet. "You promise..?" He hesitantly said, you hooked your pinky with his "I promise!!" You yelled out happily, you looked at him eyes filled with determination. He looked at you and returned the smile then tighten his pinky around yours.

𖣔

It's now two years since you started training and the Final Selection was tommorow, It was night time and you were at the backyard stargazing. You loved the nighttime since it wasn't hot and bright. The grass swayed underneath your fingers , the trees and the crickets made a calming melody for your ears, it was peaceful. You softly smiled and layed down.