Chapter 9

Hours later, Jacob was still sitting by the river. Embry had left a while ago to have dinner with his mom. Jacob wasn't hungry, he was too consumed by the memory of Edward and the kiss. His buzz from the joint had worn off a long time ago, so there was nothing left to distract him from it. He relived it over and over. He closed his eyes and leaned back on his elbows in the lush grass, turning his memory into a fantasy as he imagined things going further...

Jacob was so wrapped up in his imagination that he didn't hear him approach. Maybe he intended it to be that way. Edward could be pretty sneaky. The wind shifted and he caught his scent. Jacobs head whipped around and there he stood, about fifteen feet away from him. His toes were flush against the invisible treaty line. His eyes were dark and his breathing was kind of ragged. He looked...needy almost.

A little shocked by his imprint's sudden appearance, he sputtered. "How long have you been there?"

His eyes darkened further and his lips formed that gorgeous crooked smile of his. "Long enough to know what you're thinking about." Jacob flushed. He smirked and continued. "I can't believe you're remembering it that fondly, after the way I reacted." Edward looked down in guilt and stared at his feet, scuffing the dirt.

His imprint was feeling badly, and he couldn't have that. Jacob swiftly crossed to the borderline until he was face to face with him. "Please, don't feel bad. I understand, it was too sudden. I'm sorry to have pushed you."

Edward lifted Jacobs chin to make him look at him. He couldn't help but notice that his fingers lingered a little longer than necessary. "You seem to forget, Jacob, that I was the one who kissed you." Jacob smiled wistfully. Edward's face scrunched up. He held his gaze as he spoke. "I owe you an apology. I'm sorry that I ran off without explanation. I didn't mean to hurt you. I realize now that Bella is gone and she's never coming back. It still pains me, as it always will. But she would want me to move forward with my life. Jacob. I believe you could make me happy."

Jacobs heart soared, he felt like one of those cartoon characters with stars in their eyes. He couldn't believe he was going to give him a chance! Jacob composed himself, but not enough to actually speak. 'Thank you for trusting me, Edward.' Edward smiled slightly, leaning forward to meet Jacobs lips in a chaste seal-the-deal type of kiss. Their joined lips hovered over the treaty line. Edward chuckled against Jacobs mouth and whispered. "We're crossing all kinds of boundaries now."

Edwards words sparked something deep inside him, and before he knew what he was doing, he was pushing him backward, further onto his land. Edward grabbed his biceps and pulled him roughly against his chest. "Now, let's do this properly." he growled, and his lips crashed into Jacobs. Jacob opened up eagerly for his insistent tongue, unleashing all of the pent-up passion and sexual tension that had been building between them this past month. With every delicious, stroke of his tongue, Jacob found it harder to control his moans. Jacobs fingers twisted into Edwards hair, tugging him even closer. Jacob wanted to be so closer to him, he wanted to be inside him, and have Edward inside him.

Hearing Jacobs thoughts, Edward let out a husky groan, wrapping his arms around his waist and pressing their chests together. They both sighed at the contact and further deepened the kiss. Jacob didn't want to stop, but he really needed air. He grudgingly broke free from his mouth, pulling desperate gulps into his lungs. Edward took the opportunity to trail his lips along his jaw, working his way down the slope of his neck. Every chilled press of his moistened lips against Jacobs feverish skin sent a shock-wave through his nervous system, and his groin ached for attention. He did my best to ignore it, not wanting to freak Edward out again.

Edward must have heard Jacobs internal conflict because he whispered into his ear, in a voice just dripping with sex. "It's okay. I want it."

In one fluid movement, Edward had Jacobs back pressed against a large oak tree and his body was covered by his. Jacob failed to suppress a long, drawn-out moan when their clothed erections brushed together. Edward hissed at the contact too, so he let go of his inhibitions, confident that he was enjoying this as much as he was. Their mouths attacked again, one seeking to claim the other. Edward ground his hips against Jacob in a steady rotation, making his cock harder than it had ever been before.