Chapter 12

Jacob couldn't be more upset and confused. One minute, he is in the icy embrace of his imprint, basking in the blissful knowledge that he finally accepted him as his mate and made him his. The next minute, he's furious and jumping out the window in a naked rage.

Needing to find out what was going on, Jacob quickly climbed out of the rumpled bed and pulled on his shorts. Outside, he could hear the telltale sounds of a scuffle and Edward growling. Grabbing a pair of pants for Edward, Jacob decided against jumping out the window like he had, and left through the front door, swiftly rounding the corner of the cottage.

What he saw filled him with a sense of dread. Edward was fighting with Rosalie, of all people. The only reason he would do that is...if she'd seen them. No...if she'd watched them. An involuntary shudder coursed through him at the idea that Blondie had seen him naked and moaning, his ass getting pounded into oblivion, and Jacob, loving every second of it. Shame washed over him, and his muscles tensed as anger built inside him. His abused rear clenched with the rest of his muscles, making a quiet groan escape his lips and his anger crumble a little. He was still pretty sore.

Edward looked even more furious than he had a moment ago, something Jacob didn't think possible. He must have heard his horrified thoughts, which only increased his rage. Growling fiercely, he grabbed Rosalie by her luxurious blonde locks and threw her up against the trunk of a giant redwood tree.

"Edward, please! Hold on, it was an accident!" Rosalie begged as Edward held her arms pinned to the tree trunk.

Edward scoffed at her and yelled. "An accident? An accident is a glimpse and a guilty conscience. You caught your glimpse and stuck around for more. Enjoy the show?"

Rosalie stared at him with a stony expression. Whatever she was thinking made his mate snarl viciously, pressing his body against hers to make her feel trapped and vulnerable.

She scrunched her eyes shut and turned her face to the side. Through gritted teeth, she stammered. "Edward - you're naked!"

"It no longer matters, does it? Now that you've seen me at my most intimate moment!"

He grasped her upper arms and threw her to the ground, spitting a mouthful of venom on her. Jacob stared in shock as Rosalie cowered. How far would his mate go to protect his honor? Jacob was afraid for her, but proud at the same time, that Edward cared about him so much. Edward looked over at Jacob, the anger dying down as his eyes met his and he read his thoughts. He seemed to get a handle on himself and took a deep breath before turning back to her. "Get lost before I do something I'll regret."

He didn't have to say it twice. Rosalie was on her feet and running back to the main house faster than the speed of light. Edward hid his face in his hands and his shoulders sagged as his bravado deflated. Jacob slowly walked over to him, seeking to comfort his new lover. When he was face to face with him, he looked up at him, golden eyes streaked with guilt, peering into his soul. Jacob cupped his face in both hands, keeping his gaze locked on his.

"I'm so sorry, Jake." he whispered. "I should have heard her sooner..." He shook his head, blaming himself. "I don't know how I didn't hear her."

Jacob leaned in to capture his lips in a soft, chaste kiss. "I guess you were too caught up..."

He cracked a smile before averting his gaze to the ground. "Now our perfect night is spoiled. Who knows how much she saw..."

Trailing a finger down to his chin, Jacob lifted his face to look into his gorgeous eyes again. "No, it's not spoiled. It was the best night of my life. Now we'll just have to do it again, make an untarnished memory..."

His answering grin was radiant. "It would be my greatest pleasure." And then his lips captured Jacobs in an all-consuming kiss, their tongues gliding together, stoking the fires of their passion once more. Jacobs hands tangled in the soft, wild hair at the base of his skull, trying to pull him ever closer. Roughly, Edward pulled his hips to his and ground his already throbbing cock against Jacobs. A loud groan escaped his lips, and he sucked on his tongue, mirroring what he wanted to do to his weeping erection. Jacob shuddered as Edward heard his thoughts and picked up the pace of his grinding hips, pushing him into a fever pitch.

Jacob wanted him so bad. He wanted Edward to claim him again, now that he'd had him, he would never be able to get enough of him. Becoming one being with his beloved was a heavenly experience, and he desperately wanted to reach that pinnacle of pleasure again. But, there was trouble to be settled at the house, so they would have to wait.

Jacob broke their embrace of tangled limbs and handed Edward his pants. He growled in frustration. Jacob kissed his shoulder gently and told him. "As much as I'd love a repeat performance right now, we should probably go see if we can sort out the mess at the house first."

Frowning in disappointment, he gave a resigned nod and pulled his pants on. Jacob watched in dismay as his glorious cock disappeared behind the zipper. Later.

Edward beamed at him, his favorite crooked smile. He gave his shoulder a playful shove and started toward the house. "Race you..." He was gone in a flash, and Jacob did his damnedest to catch him, following that perfect ass through the forest.

**

Emmett was caught up in the college football score review on ESPN when his wife burst through the door, looking panicked and disheveled. In an instant, he was by her side, pulling her shaking form into his strong embrace. Nothing ever rattled Rosalie. Yet here she was, her hair a mess of twigs and burrs, her clothes stained with grass and dirt.

"Rose, baby, it's okay. I'm here." Emmett said, stroking her tangled locks as she dry sobbed into his shoulder. After a few minutes, her sobs quieted, and she hugged Emmett tight to her. He had to know what happened, but she was such an intensely private, reserved personality, he only hoped she would tell him. "What happened, baby?" He asked, his tone pleading for information.

"E-Edward." she stammered. "He...he attacked me."

For several moments, Emmett was stunned into silence. Shock and rage battled inside him. He struggled to beat down the urge to find the asshole who beat up on his wife, his protective side didn't care what may have provoked him. But his rational side gave him pause. Emmett pulled back a little to look in her eyes. They were wild, but he could tell that what she was saying was true. But knowing Rosalie, and knowing Edward, he knew there had to be a good reason. Edward wasn't the violent type. And Rose could definitely be devious. But what could have happened to make him attack her?

"I believe you, Rose, but...why? That doesn't sound like Edward."

She chewed her lower lip for a long moment, as if she was debating whether or not to tell him. She decided to let him in, sighing in resignation. "I was taking a walk through the woods, and I found myself near Edward's cottage. I heard some strange sounds coming from inside. So I looked in the window, and I saw Edward and the dog...together..." I just stared at her, waiting for her to continue. "Sexually..."

Emmett blanched at the thought. Edward could do whatever he wanted, but he didn't want to think about it. "So you left...right?" He asked, hoping that she had.

She shook her head slowly. "I couldn't. It was like a train wreck, I couldn't tear my eyes away. I saw the whole thing. I kept my mind closed, but I guess I must have slipped up, because he heard me. And, then..." She gestured meekly to her hair and ruined clothes.

As much as he wanted to be angry with Edward, he didn't have it in him. If someone had watched him making love to his wife, he would be just as pissed. He would definitely attack to defend his lady's honor, the same as Edward had.

Frustrated with his wife, his jaw set tightly. "I would never have expected you to do something like this, Rose." He said, accusingly.

She looked at him, her mouth hanging open in shock. "Emmett, you're my mate. I've been attacked, you're supposed to fight for me!"

Emmett sighed deeply and pulled her back to him in a tight embrace. "I know, babe, and I love you until the end of time, but if the same thing had happened to me, I don't think I would react differently than he did."

Emmett caught the co-mingled scent of dog and Edward approaching the main house. Rosalie caught it too, and her body stiffened in his arms. They were coming fast, no doubt looking for some explanation, and he knew it was his duty as Rose's husband to protect her from their wrath. It was definitely time to face the music. But how could he defend my wife when she was so clearly wrong?