chapter 11

Several days later

In the past week, Edward spent Jacob's unconscious night time hours immersed in the world of internet porn. Although he still felt somewhat unsure of himself, he was more confident than before that he could give Jacob what he wanted without hurting him. If he was entirely human, he wouldn't consider doing the things he had seen in those videos, but he wasn't entirely human. He matched him in strength, and his advanced healing would keep him safe from any permanent injury. Still, he would have to be cautious.

Tonight was the night. He had spent the previous evening providing a romantic setting in his private cottage while he slept. The thought had occurred to him as he set up candles that he was about to sully his deceased wife's memory by claiming her best friend in their marriage bed. But he had pushed those worries to the back of his mind, reassuring himself that Bella would be pleased with this development in their relationship.

**

That night, Edward took Jacob on a hunt. Not only would hunting ensure that he wasn't overcome with the desire to feed from him in a fit of passion, but he also knew that he found his grace and speed to be an incredible turn on. Once he was sated, they playfully raced through the woods as he led him to the cottage. He phased when they arrived, pulling on his pants.

"What are we doing here?" Jacob asked before Edward swept him up in his arms bridal-style. He swatted at his shoulder, embarrassed to be carried over the threshold. "Hey! Put me down!"

Stepping over the threshold of the structure, Edward kissed him gently and placed him back on his feet, shutting the door behind them. He gave Edward a hard glare for damaging his pride before turning around to take in his surroundings. Candles covered every available surface, emitting a dim glow that revealed the bouquets of flowers Edward had strategically placed around the room. His immediate reaction was surprise, followed by delight. Then he got embarrassed about his delight and he tried to save face.

Crossing his arms over his chest, he shook his head derisively as he surveyed his surroundings. 'What a romantic'. Edward couldn't help but smirk at his thoughts because underneath the snark, he knew he was actually quite taken with his little display.

"Isn't fire bad for vampires?" Jacob scoffed.

Edward chuckled. "Yes, but most of these are LED." He nodded, his expression softening. "Have a seat." Edward said, gesturing toward the small sofa.

Jacob ventured over, warily glancing around the room, and perched on the edge. Edward swiftly and gracefully slid onto the cushion behind him, nestling his body between his legs. He startled in surprise, but then shock gave way to comfort and ease when he began to rub the soreness from his shoulders. Edward had never actually given a massage before, vampires didn't need them, and he was to afraid to hurt Bella when she was human. But he didn't have to fear his own strength when he was with Jacob, plus he had two medical degrees, so he knew which spots usually carried the most tension. Judging from the spoken (and unspoken) sighs of contentment, it seemed he was doing just fine.

Edward worked the kinks from the base of Jacob's neck, out to his shoulders, and down to his biceps. 'God, that feels good.' Out loud, his wolf gave a quiet sigh of relaxation. Running his hands back up his arms, he let them glide over his muscular back until he reached the hem of his shirt. Lifting the hem a little, Edward silently asked his permission. Jacob raised his arms over his head in answer to his implied question. Edward took it off rapidly, gently tossing it to the side before returning his cool hands to the skin of his feverish back. Edward shivered, the temperature difference sending a jolt to his cock. He wondered what it would feel like to be inside his heat.

As Edward worked on the muscles connecting to his spine, Jacob leaned into his touch, his head tipping back to rest on his shoulder, and let out a sigh of contentment. It was almost like a purr. 'Mmmm...feels so good.' His soft moans were making Edward harder than he had been in a long time. He wanted him so bad. He wanted to possess him. To feel his hot body wrapped tight around his painfully hard cock. He wanted to show him just how much he loved having him in his life.