🧡Tommy #2- Not a Light Switch

Fluff, Friendship

🥁

Me and Tommy had been best friends since high school. I was friends with Vince too, but more Tommy than anyone. 
I had always been there for him.
Through break-ups, relationships, parties, bands, I was even with him when he met Nikki. Fuck I was right next to him at the London concert, and every other concert too.
I understood Tommy and Tommy understood me. We had always been close.

Until he met Heather.

Don't get me wrong, she was super nice, pretty too, but she was always distant with me. She tried to make it abundantly clear that Tommy was hers. 
Jesus, I didn't think it was that obvious that I had feelings for him. No one else seemed to catch on.

But she and Tommy were a fucking light switch. If they weren't together, he was at my house, and she'd knock on the door crying then they were magically back together.  I was sick of the whole thing. 

Personally, I thought he'd be happier without her. But maybe that's just me being selfish.
But back to the light switch, their current situation.

Tommy showed up with a suitcase full of clothes at midnight, midnight, I was in bed, and now I have to console him. 
Literally, he's crying on my couch while I sit on my coffee table trying to get him to listen to anything I say.
Not how my night was supposed to go. At all.

"Tommy. Tommy stop crying." 
I said in a soft voice, sighing.

"Bu-t wh-at if s-he's rig-ht?"
He stuttered out.

"Right about what Sweetheart?"

Don't mind the pet name, we've always had them for each other.

"Tha-t I'll ne-ver gr-ow up. Alwa-ys be a fuc-k u-p."

"Tommy, look at me."

He complies.

"You are not a fuck up. You are a wild soul. You have a beautiful personality. You bring so much joy and light to everyone that's ever around you babe. I don't know what's wrong with her, but here's what I know. You need someone to appreciate you. Not someone that's going to tell you that you're a fuck up and tear you down, Tom. You don't need a light switch."

"Bu-t wh-os gonn-a want m-me?"

"Oh Tommy, you'll find someone. And I'm sure you love her, but aren't you tired of the on and off with her?"

"I gu-ess I sho-uld lea-ve."
He says beginning to bawl into his hands.

"Awe, Tommy."
I said bringing his head to my shoulder. His hands leave his face and he wraps them around my small figure and tightens his grip. I rub his back trying to console him.

"Hey, at least you didn't marry her."
I say trying to lighten the mood, but it only makes him cry harder.

"I wa-nte-d too. I ha-had the r-ring too."

"Tommy, I'm so sorry babe."
I said as I began to run my fingers through his hair. It was something that had always calmed him down since we were teenagers. 

Eventually, he calmed down and asked me if we could go to bed. I complied considering it was now three, the man had cried for three hours. How is that even possible? 
I don't know either, but Tommy did it.

He slipped all of his clothes except his boxers and got under my covers, me still just in my nightgown. He moved so his head was resting on my shoulder, arms wrapping around my torso, legs tangling with mine.

"Bug?"

"Leopard."
I smiled.

"Do you think I'll ever find someone?"
He asked, looking up at me.

"Yea Tommy. I do. Heather just isn't the one."
I said beginning to play with the ends of his hair.

"But neither was Roxy or Honey and now it isn't Heather. The only option left is you."

ME??

"Me? Since when was I an option?"
I ask.

"You've always been an option June. Do you think I trust Heather or anyone else like I trust you? That I cuddle Heather and talk to her all the time? Are you that oblivious?"

"I just didn't think you'd ever make me an option."

"June-bug, you're always an option. You should know that. I love you for fucks sake."

"You love me?"
I ask in shock.

"Course I do."

"But what about Heather?"
I ask considering he cried over her for three hours.

"What about her?"

"She's still your girlfriend."

"No, she isn't. We've been separated for a week. Got my own little apartment with Nikki."

"Since when?"
I ask since this is the first I'm hearing of this.

"We were gonna take a break for a week. Until I went to go talk to her today, and some other dude answered the door. I took that as a sign that it was over. Then I showed up here."

"So, you weren't with your girlfriend for a week, then you officially broke up today. Now you're here claiming to love me."
I clarified, more for myself than Tommy. 

"Yea. I suppose so."

"Tommy, you're crazy. You can't love me. You just left your girlfriend."

"But I do. I've known you since high school. I love you June-bug."

"I love you too, Jackass."

Tommy connected our lips, a smile stuck on both of us. 
When we finally pulled away, he muttered,

"You're not a light switch."

This was suuuuuper rushed. I did this in my last hour class, so it might suck balls.