💙Izzy #3- Sweet Surprise

Fluff

🎸

It was Valentine's Day, and Izzy was on tour. He had called me earlier, but he was busy with everything going on. He said they were headed to a new city, he'd lost track of towns, and at this point, so had I. I just missed him. A lot. 

We'd always been together. Since we were kids causing hell with Axl. When they ran away, I did too. Home wasn't home for me. Home was with Izzy. Cheesy as it may sound, that was my true feeling. Izzy, I'm not sure.

Anyways.

I decided to treat myself to a day out to get my mind off of being alone. I showered, blah blah, and I was out the door.

The mall was always a go-to place of mine. Deciding I needed some tops and new leather pants, I started at JC Penney's and made my way around all of the other stores. 
I also had some actual grocery shopping to get done, so I did that before grabbing some food and heading home.

It was dark by the time I got home, and my stomach was hungry like no other. I put away my groceries and as soon as I got comfortable on my couch, there was a knock on the door. I answered and sitting on my porch step was a bouquet of red roses. They were my favorite; Izzy must've ordered them. Stuck to one of the flowers was a note that read, 

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I hope you missed me,
Because I missed you.
(P.S.- Turn around.)

As soon as I turned around, I was engulfed in Izzy's arms. I wrapped my arms around him, returned the embrace, and put my head in the crook of his neck. We stayed like that for a long time, before he pulled away and crashed his lips on mine. It was a kiss filled with more passion than any other one we had ever shared. But that was because we'd been apart for so long. He was the first to speak once we pulled apart.

"I missed you baby."
He smiled sweetly.

"Izzy?! I thought you were heading to your new city."

"We were, but something went wrong with the venue, so we have a week off. Plus, I thought I'd surprise my girl for Valentine's Day. So, c'mon, go open your presents."
He said motioning to the kitchen.

"Presents. But Izzy I didn't get you anything."
I whined.

"You're my girlfriend. Best gift ever babe."
He smirked, rubbing my hips.

"Fine."
I smiled.

We got to the table where my gifts were wrapped nicely and organized, and even numbered.
Izzy stood behind me, hands wrapped around me, resting on my stomach, head on my shoulder as he watched contently.

The first gift I opened was a small box of chocolates you can only get at a small shop in New York.

"Baby, you remembered."
I squealed excitedly.

"How could I forget? Every time you eat chocolate, you talk about how much you love those things."

The next few gifts were bath items. One was a bath bomb that smelled like Lavendar, a few scrubs, a robe, and eye masks.
After that came the booze. There was this wine I was dying to try, and that was gift number 7.
I was halfway through.

The next gift was a little box that had the words written,
"I can't say I love you enough, so this is your reminder."

"Oh Izzy, that is so sweet."
I gushed at the man.

"It's for when I'm on tour and I can't always call you. I even wrote it myself."
He smiled sheepishly.

The next four gifts consisted of some more band t-shirts that I couldn't find anywhere around here that I'd been wanting for a long time and some more leather pants.

The next gift was a stuffed bunny I thought I'd lost when we moved. I had had it since I was two and cried like a baby when I thought she was gone.

"Izzy! Where was she?"
I asked as I pressed the bunny into a stuffing-crushing hug.

"She was in the basement in the box with all of the mugs. I went down there because I was looking for the mug you got me for our anniversary last year, and there she was."

This man was the sweetest.

The last gift was the smallest of them all, and it was a handwritten note.

I hope these gifts made you happy as can be
You're my queen, so you should be treated like royalty
There is one last thing that I must see,
Darling, will you marry me?

When I turned to look at Izzy, he was down on one knee with the most beautiful engagement ring I'd ever seen.

"June, I love you. I want you to be the person that I spend the rest of my life with. I want to fall asleep next to you, and wake up next to you, to love you, argue, and love you all over again. I want to grow old with you. I love you. So will you do me the honors of being Mrs. Stradlin?"

"Yes, yes, Izzy, yes."
I nodded as a tear slipped down my cheek. 

He slipped the ring on my finger and kissed me again, with much more passion than the first. He pulled away reluctantly and kissed my cheek causing me to giggle.

"Did you enjoy your surprise, Mrs. Stradlin?"

"I did indeed Mr. Stradlin. It was a sweet surprise."