Part 4

Embarrassed ...
Thats the only word i can use to describe my emotional state right now at the remark of Mr. Whitlock about my apartment.

"You had to know the " Im not a serial killer " line would not make me trust you Mr. Whitlock " i said smiling at him trying to turn around the real truth of why i lied about my living situation.

He smiled , i was walking on the sidewalk and he was following me closely and slowly , he was staring intensely at my legs , my waist , my neck and my face while still occasionally staring at the road in front of him . He had a tight grip on the wheel and even though he smiled at my "joke" he still had a different look on him today, a blank one .

"Damn ... you found the bodies in my trunk ?" He said joking and pretending to hit the steering wheel in frustration and stopped the car waiting for me to get in.
I let out a laugh and hesitated but decided against my better judgement to get in again.

Opened the door , one foot after another i was in a box of a different dimension again , a rich one ...
The smell of the new car pleased my nostrils , the nice leathered car seats felt too clean for my cheap clothes , and the LED lights of the interior were put on a deep red color which i don't find surprising at all . The man in front of me looked like the extremely kinky type even though most of his affairs he's managed to keep quite low-key. I'm assuming they were rumors although you never really know with rich people , they have no respect over the concept of marriage since they're so out of touch with the real world.

"Sorry i took longer to pick you up today , work emergency ." He said with a straight face and i started at him completely surprised at the words coming out of his mouth.

"You know I'm not your responsibility right? You don't have to apologize while doing me a favor that i don't even understand WHY you are doing it." I smiled and only got a look back .

"Are you going to tell me what you do ? Or why do you take the same route everyday?" He asked and turned to look at me .

I've never been effected like this by a man , the way he stared at my face with his brown and slightly licked his pink full  lips made my mind take a complete turn into an image of me kissing him . I shook my thoughts and mentally slapped myself in the face for having these one second fantasies. It was obvious he held no attraction to me whatsoever, you know how you can just tell when someone's undressing you with their eyes? Well this was not it . His eyes held a sort of amusement to my situation and a friendly fatherly look but nothing more , and i was not surprised considering the looks i was rocking. But I wasn't sad over it , I wasn't expecting any affection from a married man , much less my biggest enemy's dad . The only reason I'm doing this is because i still have a mental doubt that Eli is behind this and i want to find out more.

"I work at a caffe down the block " i lied , i don't know why , i just knew i didn't trust the beautiful man in front of me.

"Oh okay nice , i pick up my son Eli sometimes at his university thats why i take this way to work, he's a nice kid" no he's not... i thought while suddenly being annoyed.

I was wearing a flowy coral dress to school today and i hadn't noticed that when i sat down the dress had risen up showing my bare thighs , i didn't notice this until i turned to look at Mr. Whitlock and i saw him staring down at my thighs and slowly gulping while tightening his grip around the steering wheel . My cheeks flushed red and i slowly pulled the dress down making him divert his attention to the road and suddenly there was a thick tension in the car , it was hot and i was heavy breathing against the seatbelt that restrained me caught in between my breasts. I cleared my throat and continued ..

"You can drop me off at the same address as yesterday, I'm meeting up with a friend" i lied and earned a small knowing smile out of the gorgeous man beside me , he knew i was lying , he just didn't want to push me .

When we arrived in front of the famous apartment building i broke off the calming silence that had been flowing in the air for the last 10 minutes.

"Well this is it ... thank you so much sir..." i said and i noticed him stiff at the last word ... or i thought i did .

"No problem Eve , take care." With that i got out of the car finally letting out a breath I didn't realize i was holding as the light breeze hit my face .

I started walking and turned around to take one last glance at the gorgeous black car leaving into a mix of New York traffic and walked away...

Unlocking the door and throwing the keys on the nearby table i walked one step and already entered the living room ( i wasn't exaggerating  when i said we lived in a very small shitty apartment ). I was greeted with my moms tired angry face.

"Sit down Eve" she said and my heart started beating abnormally.

"Whats wrong mom? " i asked as i sat down hesitantly in the corner of the couch already dreading the conversation by the look of her face .

"Who was the man in the black car that dropped you off? I was buying groceries in the nearby shop and i saw you in his car "She asked and i froze.

My mom wasn't strict perse , she just had a lot of respectable values and believe me , me taking free rides from a famous rich married MAN was not her cup of tea and i knew that . Even i knew what i was doing was wrong and i don't even know what i was doing ... i was lusting over a taken man of the enemies knowing that its probably all a scheme by Eli.

" It was Ella's dad mom ,we met up by the university and he offered to give us a ride." I said sounding as convincing as i possibly could.

"Eve... i know you think I'm just a cleaning lady and i don't know what I'm doing , i don't know how these things go and I'm just obnoxious to all of it" i wanted to talk and say that wasn't the case but she raised her hand letting me know not to interrupt.

"I've been your age before and i know its tempting , the money , the fame and the attention of an older guy but I wouldn't want you to date a man like that and i want you to stay away from him ." I was shocked.

"DATE??!!" I wish i could tell her how out of proportion she was making this whole thing go but she raised her hand again.

"Don't interrupt. Things have been hard since your father died even though i know both of us were kinda relieved to have him leave us alone after all these years..." and here it comes ... the thing i didn't wanna mention or talk about.

My father was very abusive , he was a drunk and fucking useless piece of shit ... i know cliche right? The poor ugly girl also had an abusive drunk dad . But thats the thing though, its not cliche , it happens often to people like me ... not like Eli... its just that with all the money problems and with our economic state being so shitty led him to start drinking to get away from it all and caused him to get into a car crash and die . So no... its not cliche ... its just the reality of our world . Rich people don't have these kinds of problems so they don't try to find the same solutions like my father did through drinking . Im not defending him though , my mom was right , the day we received the call a small part of our body was filled with relief from not having to deal with the sleepless nights and painful outbursts anymore.

"But" she continued " that is no excuse for you to be selling yourself to married men just to get by anymore , you're going to work for it ... actual work .
Starting tomorrow you're going to leave school and start working as a cleaning lady with me" she said.

I was speechless....

———————————————————————————-