Part 8

I had received an email from the cleaning company that the previous boss of mine had a complain about me . Fuck.

They requested that i go back to the Whitlock Estate and see what the complaint is about and i quote "Apologize to Mr.Whitlock right away wether I'm right or wrong".

And since my dream college efforts were crushed i was back to plan B, cleaning people's houses for a living.
I had no other choice , we had a rent to pay and my mom hasn't been feeling so great lately , she says she's able to work but i don't think that the case , shes tired and shes really mad at herself for fucking up my college opportunity over Eli's words but theres nothing we can do about that and I didn't want her to feel bad , so i offered to continue working at the cleaning company while she rests .

And unless i can come up with 65.000$ this year, the dream of finishing college is out of the window.

I swallowed my pride , composed myself and made my way to the buss station waiting for the ride that was going to take me to the dreaded house.

The bus ride was long and i was overthinking about what I'm going to say all the way there.

I was sure Eli wasn't home since we had lectures at this time on Monday so that was the only thing that made me feel a little bit better about this whole situation.

I arrived in front of the gated estate, was searched by the guards and was asked the same questions i was asked a few days ago when i was here last. I showed them my ID and they opened the doors making me take a deep breath in preparation for this encounter.

When i got inside the guards told me Mr.Whitlock was expecting me in his office and my whole body was shaking. Why did he complain? What happened? What was he going to say to me? Was he going to yell?

I stood in front of the door and hesitated, after roaming my brain for options to avoid this conversation i came up with nothing. So i stepped forward and knocked softly on the door .

"Come in." I heard his loud intimidating voice say.

I opened the door and was welcomed my the strong scent of Mr.Whitlock who was sitting behind the big brown table roaming through some files.

He was wearing an all black suit , a black shirt and a black tie. His hair was a bit messier than usual but still in place , as he grabbed the files his muscles were even more visible through the suit and i gulped . His beard was a bit more grown out this time and just when I didn't think this man could get any more attractive he proved me wrong.

"Hello Mr.Whitlock , the company requested i come here due to a complaint that was made by you about my performance during the time i worked here , i wanted to know what the complain was about and wanted to apologize for any inconvenience I've caused." I said sounding as professional and confident as i could.

"Sit down Miss Walker ", he said with a serious tone and i complied sitting down on one of the two chairs in front of his huge table.

He got up from the chair he was sitting in , went around the desk and leaned on the table in front of me closing the space between us.

"I do not accept your resignation letter due to the fact that you have no basis for it , you only worked here one day and promised you'd be a complete professional despite the fact we met before the job , the letter you left wasn't really professional on your part if you ask me ." He said

I took a deep breath and ignored his close proximity
"Im sorry Mr. Whitlock, I apologize for my behavior but due to personal reasons i decided to resign"