Safe House (Enemies to Lovers) Part 1

Prompt: Spencer and yourself have never gotten along, one day after the BAU is threatened, you are all sent to live in safe houses until the case can be solved. Can this time spent with Spencer change your outlook on each other?

Walking into the bullpen you feel the intense stare of Spencer Reid, you say good morning to everyone and head to your desk.
"y/n, did you have fun last night?" Derek comes up behind you laughing, he knew that you did not go out very much and enjoyed staying home, regularly he would joke you about your social life, or lack there of.

"Funny, yeah i did, thanks for asking" you state sarcastically as you smile and playfully roll your eyes.

"Stuck at home again? Do you not have any friends" Spencer says sitting at his desk not far from yours

"You're one to talk Reid" you state back annoyed at his response and butting into the conversation

"People want to be around me, they tolerate you" he says thinking he was being sly a smirk forms across his face as he returns to look at a book

"That's okay genius, you just keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you sleep better at night" You say in a voice that mocks him

"Hey, you two, we just got here, save the love for after work" Derek jokes as he walks to his desk.

Rolling your eyes you flip through some cold cases deciding which one to work on first. Spencer was not a terrible person, and he was good... well, okay at his job, but you couldn't stand to be around him for any long period of time. It's true he was smart, and you didn't doubt that but what bothered you most about Spencer is the way he spoke down to everyone, especially you. As if he believed that he was better and more important than everyone else. While he was an asset to the team, everyone played a valuable part but Spencer refused to recognize anyone else. After a while everything he did began to bother you, interrupting conversations, stating random unnecessary facts, and talking over people. He couldn't do this job without you... without the rest of the team.

"Everyone to the conference room, now" Hotch says sternly from upstairs.

You furrow your brows and think what could be the issue, Hotch seemed upset

Everyone enters the room and takes a seat, you sit as far away from Spencer as possible.

"Guys, we just got a letter delivered, when Hotch opened it..." Garcia stopped to take a breath as if she was going to cry "inside there were stacks of pictures, of everyone in the office, just living their lives, pictures of you all going into and leaving your homes, at the local coffee shops, grocery shopping. Everything. This unsub has been watching us for a while"

"Inside was a letter, Check, that's all it said" Hotch spoke as Garcia put a picture of the note up on the screen

"Check? Could this be in reference to-" you begin

"Chess" Spencer cuts you off

"Here we go again" you mumble to yourself

"Sorry what was that?" Spencer quickly turns his head to look at you

"Nothing, focus on the case. In a game of chess, check represents the king being under threat, but there is still a possibility for further moves. This may mean the unsub is-" You try to explain your understanding of the case when Spencer again cuts you off

"Not at his endgame yet, if that the unsub was there the note would say checkmate, but check represents that the unsub still has more fight left in them, and this is not over"

You can feel your blood boiling, you begin to shift uncomfortably in your chair

"Shit, Spencer let someone finish a damn sentence for once" you say annoyed massaging your temples