Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

Prompt: You are unsure if you want to stay at the BAU or leave. Spencer chats with you about your options.

Warning: Description of crime scenes, cannibalism, typical CM stuff.

"y/n... y/n" Spencer says calling from his desk as he stands up and walks towards you

"Huh, yeah" You snap out of your thoughts and turn your head to look at him

"What is going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" Spencer sits on your desk running his hand over the back of your head placing a small kiss on your cheek. It has been almost a year since the team found out about your relationship, but a year and a half since you have been together.

"Nothing, I-" Emily cuts you off telling everyone there is a new case. You smile at Spencer

"We can chat later, okay?" He stands in front of you putting his hands on your shoulders stopping you from going to the conference room

"Of course, after the case" after giving Spencer a brief hug you all sit down for the case to be presented. Penelope presses buttons on the remote and pictures begin to appear of the screen.

"Today, the body of Ciera Laymin was found, skin was blistered and peeling off, this is the fourth body found in similar condition scattered across the city of Charleston South Carolina. Each body has been missing a limb. Josh Galeston was missing his right arm, Ashton Spade was missing his left leg, Isabelle Clayton was missing her right leg, and our most recent victim Ciera Laymin was missing her left arm. "
"Any knowledge of what has caused these blisters?" JJ asks

"Nothing has been conclusive" You say looking through the notes in front of you

"It looks like they have ran multiples tests for various chemicals but nothings has come back positive yet" Spencer adds

"Wheels up in 15" Hotch states standing up and closing the book in front of him.

As everyone boards the plane you sit next to Spencer in your usual spot. You continue to look at the book and flip through the pages, but your mind was elsewhere.

For the last few months you have been unsure about your place at the BAU, while you loved it there, doubts began to ever so slowly creep into your mind.

Do I contribute enough?

Is this really what I want to be doing?
Am I even good enough to do this job?

I don't think my ideas a good

Maybe it is time to look for other options...

"y/n... thoughts about the case" Rossi asks turning to you

"Yeah, I think we should focus on the missing limbs, what could the unsub need those for?"

"And what do you think?" Hotch asks, It feels like they know your doubts, like they are reading into your mind. Maybe it's true that you have been contributing less and less to each case, and now Hotch is trying to see if you are still cut out for this job.

"Well... there a lot of things the unsub could be doing, building a new body, the limbs could be trophies to them, but we also need to consider the blisters and marks on the body, to me it looks like burn marks, could the bodies have been boiled... we could be looking at a cannibal here."

The team pauses looking at you.

"A cannibal?" Derek smiles

"Yes, that's what I said. I know we do not come across them a lot but, it's still possible" You seem frustrated in an attempt to defend yourself.