Wounds Part 1

Prompt: As the newest member of the BAU team you are feeling left out, after a case you end up in the hospital, with nobody to help you recover, or so it seems.

Lights flashed above you and pain pulsated through your body

"y/n, y/n, you're safe, you have been hurt but you are in good hands now" a woman says beside you.

Everything goes black

It has been two months since you have begun working at the BAU, everyone was very kind, but it did not quite feel like family.

*A few weeks ago*

At the office

"Plans for your days off baby girl" Derek says standing in a small group while you sit at your desk sifting through files. It was common for conversations to happen around, but rarely did they involve you. More often than not you had headphones in or simply pretended not to listen, but you heard everything, even when you didn't want to.

"Em JJ and I are having a girls night," Penelope says quietly. You feel a small lump in your throat, you loved the girls on the team and wished that at least once they would invite you with them. You thought about asking, but did not want to invite yourself and intrude on their fun, so you simply sat out.

"Have fun girls... but not too much" Derek says walking away towards the elevator.

"Any plans y/n?" A voice from behind you says, turning around you see Spencer

"Hey, hmm, not really. You?"

"There is a movie festival happening, I think I might go, they are showing some old classic movies, should be fun, but enjoy your few days off" He smiles and walks away

"Yeah you too..." you say quietly as he walks out of earshot.

Again everyone was friendly, but you felt left out, it didn't hinder your job, which you loved, but you didn't feel quite welcome yet. Understanding the team has worked together for so long, they are family, it must be hard for them to have someone new come in.

*Two Days Later*

Sitting on your couch your phone rings, its Hotch

"y/n, we have a case, it's about 2 hours from here meet at the office and we will drive together"

"Okay I will be right in"

You grab a small packed bag, knowing you might need it, just in case. Leaving your apartment you head to the office.

"Two women, both aged 25 have been found dead, ligature marks on their wrist and stab wounds to the body, left beside the river." Penelope presents the case

The team quickly discusses and heads to the vans. You jump in with JJ, Derek and Spencer.

"So did you girls have fun" Derek asks, you look out the window not paying too much attention to the conversation

"A little too much" JJ laughs

"I also enjoyed my film festival..." Spencer continues to speak about the movies he watched and the significance of each film.

You arrive in Baltimore to investigate the case, turns out the unsub was stabbing his victims as a means to express his own pain he is feeling within himself. This was triggered by the recent death of his older sister who used to abuse him when he was younger. The women become surrogates for his sister and the source of his rage.

"45 Stonesworth avenue. Chad has a small home that was recently put onto the empty lot, go team" Penelope says through Derek's phone as the team runs to the vans

Arriving at the small home Spencer takes around back, Derek and JJ take each side of the house while Hotch and Rossi follow behind you.

"Clear" you hear faintly from outside

"Clear" Hotch shouts

You quickly push open the bedroom door and feel a sharp punch to the face knocking you to the ground, your ears ring and you scream out for help. As you yell a sharp pain surges through your body stemming from the side of your torso. You've been stabbed, you can't move, the pain cripples you and won't allow you to stand, nausea starts and dizziness sets in.

BANG

Hotch shoots the unsub and his body falls hard to the ground.

"Medics, we need medics now" Rossi shouts as he keeps an eye on the knife inserted into your body and holds you still next to him.

Everything seems to happen in slow motion, yet it all goes by quickly. You're in the ambulance with Spencer and Rossi, you know they're talking to you but are not sure what they're saying. Something about staying, your eyes, and you can't make out anything else from the muffled voices.

Lights flashed above you and pain rushed through your body

"y/n, y/n, you're safe, you have been hurt but you are in good hands now" a woman says beside you.

Everything goes black

Slowly you blink your eyes, and see a dimly lit hospital room. Sinking your head back into the pillow you remember being stabbed and reaching for your side, it's bandaged up.

"You're awake agent y/l/n, very happy to see that you are doing well." A nurse says

"How long have I been out?" You ask slowly

"Around eight hours. The rest of your team is not here right now, but I think there might be someone in the waiting room, I will go check." A nurse says kindly as he leaves the room

The team isn't here?  You think to yourself, I guess you couldn't blame them, sitting in a room waiting for someone to wake up isn't very exciting. You understood their perspective, but wished they were here, whenever another member of the team went into the hospital everyone waited, but they probably knew you would be fine, it was just a stab wound... right?

A tear rolls from your eye, you felt alone, you knew it was silly to think this way, understanding everyone has their own lives, it hurt knowing you were the odd one out on the team.

A figure blocks the doorway

"y/n, hey how are you feeling" Spencer asks sitting beside you

"Have you been here the whole time? You could have left with everyone else, I'm sorry" You say, feeling guilty that he had to sit in an uncomfortable waiting room for eight hours.

"That's okay, I brought a few books. And do not be sorry, none of this is your fault"

"Yes it is, if I had looked at my surroundings better, maybe I should have entered the room differently" you begin to cry, feeling nauseous how you put your life and the rest of the team in jeopardy.

"y/n, everyone is okay, it is not your fault" Spencer repeats patting your hand, looking down you see the IV attached to your hand.

The nurse walks into the room.

"Y/n is not ready to be discharged yet, but when she is, she will need someone to look after her. Are you or any members of your team able to do that? If not, we will keep y/n here until she makes a full recovery" The nurse says looking at Spencer

There it is, the pit in your stomach, you knew how much you would be imposing on your team members if they decided to take on you as a burden, this cannot happen.

"I will stay here" you say quickly

"Okay, recovery will be around one to two weeks, then you should be back to work, but taking it easy" The nurse says smiling at you

"No, y/n you can't stay here, you're almost two hours away from home, I can take her" Spencer says.

"Spencer" you grab his arm "I don't want to impose, and take up your time"

"You're apart of the team, I'm here for you" he smiles