Chap 1

(this book is a pure work of fiction. no names or places mentioned in the book existed in the context of the book.

All copyrights reserved by : the_aj_04)

________________________________________________________________________________

"and that is how" my history professor spoke from far ahead standing on his dais teaching on his AI platform "a very famous Indian king, King Neelambar, was tricked and killed."

We all had our own little screens on our benches. the device had our books, the powerpoint presentation that sir had displayed on his monitor, virtual pen and our notebook.

The screen could be shifted from the bench to float ahead of us, so that we don't strain our neck a lot. I made the screen to float ahead of me, and put my head down while I sob.

This is what history does to me. makes me cry my eyes out. I had been studying about the achievements of King Neelambar, or King Neel as he was called.

Young, brave, fearless, man for his people, having no time for his personal life. Won more than 156 battles in his 24 years of life and then tricked into death by his own stepmom.

The whole point of his bravery and existence just vanished into thin air, because of some cunning moves by his own family.

At times I question, why did I even choose history as my major. But again, there is nothing else that keeps me as hooked up as stories from the past. I have forever been curious to know how people from an era, that existed thousands of years ago, lived.

So I often find myself forever travelling there either mentally or virtually by the 3D devices we had in our homes.

History has always been evolving. Even if we believe there is nothing more to find, you'll end up digging your ancestors one way or the other.

Although most of the matters, like the independence struggle of India, or the Mughals, or the Harappa civilization has been studied since a long time. This particular Era where King Neelambar ruled , Era of the Ambar Dynasty, existed in the 15th century ,people believed but had been recently discovered.

Recently in the year 2025 and I am here studying it 44 years later, in the year 2069.

We had robots standing next to our rows, to monitor each student and when any student seems to be distracted in a class for too long, it puts a light beam on their head and plays a loud siren for everyone to hear. Pretty embarrassing isn't it.

I am envious of the students in back in the years of 2010 and 2020. Especially 2020. My granny says they all sat at their homes while attending schools and colleges. I mean we did have good technology back then too.

Anyway before that artificial class monitor puts a beam and plays her loud siren, I decided to pay attention.

---

A screen came down, in between the platform where teacher stood and first bench students sat, and the teacher just vanished, as the screen moved up again signaling the end of lecture. We were able to do minor teleportation, within the radius of 5km. so this is how the teacher would immediately go to the next class without wasting any time.

My granny said, they would enjoy time it took for teachers to switch classes. It was a mini break for them. I am so jealous of it. Therefore I am not very happy with the technologies and this is why I hate science.

Although it is a good thing for people who stay next to the school, within the radius of 5km . Everyime they are late, they just teleport themselves to the class. Although our teachers frown upon it, who cares right?