Chapter 20

"What are we going to do today" I asked as all the royal members sat together in the court, including the king's father as well.

Thankfully I wasn't thrown out of here like the Queen Mother once did to me.

"We'll have the Royal Court commence soon. You girls can go out and entertain yourself. Maybe you can go to the market or something." Neel responded to me. A little too nicely.

My eyes went wide with surprise.

"Is that you talking to me?" I couldn't control the high pitch in my voice.

"What's wrong?" he couldn't meet my eyes. He never does that when he is on the the edge of vulnerability.

"You're allowing me to go out? On my own?" he rolled his eyes at me.

"You're not on your own. Of course Aarini is there with you." He defended.

I gave a crooked smile at this.

"And you think she is capable of handling me? ME?" I stressed as I smirked at him.

"what do you want?" he is ready to negotiate?

"I want you to send Yug along." I asked boldly. Later realizing I was supposed to call him 'minister'

Nevermind.

I took a note of Aarini's reaction at this and even Yug's and both seemed to be taken aback. 

Even him.

"I told you we have a meeting." His voice turned cold. 

I had noticed this pattern. He did not like me mentioning Yug. I was starting to get scared at this. 'Does he not like Yug?' 'How will he agree to Yug dating his sister then'

'I had to feed him with some positive points about Yug' I made a mental note of this .

"We shall go after the meeting then" I sat back on my chair, my legs crossed over each other.

The king just sighed and looked away.

---

"Let's start with the session today." he announced.

"There has been some disputes regarding the land in the west of the country. Both the parties want the nation to take a quick action against it.

There has been no financial issues to run the administration since the last 1 year." One of the many other men present in the room read reports to the King that seemed like annual reports. 

I thought the royal sessions must be interesting but half way through it and I was already dozing off.

"also Your Majesty--" The man's voice appeared serious.

"—there has been some unwanted moves by the northern nations. They seem to be uncooperative recently. Although our army leader there has been handling it well so far, without wars, we are not sure of how long this can go on. The state wanted you informed about it." 

It was a big news. A big big one. But still the king appeared composed. He was just nodding his head in response. His eyes fixated elsewhere , indicating that he was already in deep calculation about it.

Nobody knew, what was going on in that head of the king.

---

"Why did you ask for minister Yug to come along?" Aarini questioned me. We were both sitting in my room getting ready to go to see the world outside. Saying that I was excited would be an understatement. I was more than just eager.

"I figured you guys mustn't have had the chance to go anywhere together." I spoke casually.

"ya but—what" she stopped midway to turn her head to look at me.

"There is no point in lying to me, or denying it yourself. I can see through the both of you." I continued as I put another earring that matched my outfit.

I was looking at her sitting next to me, from the mirror. She turned away and looked on the floor as she blushed at my statement.

"but it's not right." 

Here we go again. Royal people and their royal rules.

I was expecting it.

I sighed at her.

"Then what do you think is right? Marrying a stranger you don't even know and you don't like." I have had this rehearsed. I knew my target at this point.

"But he is a minister in the court and--"

"And you are the king's sister. Very good. Now what do I do with your resume?" I commented.

She seemed confused at my remarks. I anyway did not expect any better.

"Here's the thing" I turned to look at her directly now.

"You guys have two options in front of you. Either you can be bold and go ahead with the one you love or wait, sit back and marry off to some random person and cheat 'em since you've always liked someone else." I stated the fact as it is.

"You think he feels the same way?" she picked up on something completely out of the line of conversation. But I decided to answer anyway.

"He does. But he will not approach you, since you are the 'king's sister'"

"I thought he liked you" she said again

I sighed at her and turned back to look in the mirror.

"Tell me when you're ready. Otherwise I'll take my chance here with him." I opted to my last resort.

I smiledat the stare that she gave me from the corner of her eyes. 

________________________________________________________________________________

hey y'all 
How has life been?
I hope you guys are doing well
Thank you for being here despite everything
I love you all❤❤✨