Chapter 29

(This is a double update. Make sure to read chapter 28 before this one.)

---

I switched my Q back on, to download a couple of things. There were hardly anything left, some pack of noodles, a few shoes that I wanted to wear in 2069, many packets of coffee luckily, and only 3 bars of dark chocolate and a few other things here and there.

'Never mind, I hardly have a few months more to go'.

And this voice of realization brought a wave of despair along with it.

How will I leave this world?

Maybe one day I'll go to sleep and next morning, they won't find me. Not even a trace of my existence and Neel will be left to wonder if all of it was just his imagination.

Maybe one day I will die in this world, and perish for good.

Maybe I'll suddenly wake up to realize all this was my imagination, and that I am still in that history lecture where they are teaching about King Neel. What if that's the case. What if this is actually my dream, an imagination, a hallucination.

 I knew I was crying.

I was pulled out of my trail of thoughts by a loud knock on the door. I immediately shut my Q tab and hid it, and went ahead to open the door, for him. 

He was standing tall, looking down at me in pure awe. He held my face as if I were fragile enough to break if he puts any more effort. As if I was the most precious thing he ever held.

"what's up?" I was blushing, my voice went weak, just like my knees did. 

He knows I am crying?

"Nothing." He said quietly and offered the faintest smile possible.

"Oh wait, this is the first time you're entering my room isn't it?" I got the reference for his weird behavior. He nodded, without looking anywhere else.

"You want to come in?" I asked nervously. I don't know what he would interpret it as.

"Not now. Yug and Aarini are waiting downstairs. Shall we go?" he said.

"Yes!"

I started to walk, with him holding my hand and leading the dark pathway.

"oh wait" he abruptly stopped, making me stop in return and swiftly turned back to pull me close. He held me firmly against his broad chest. 

It was a silent pathway. So silent that I am sure he could hear my heart thump attempting to jump out of my chest. This was so sudden, so unexpected, so beautiful. 

He kissed the top of my head, inhaling the scent of my hair, and lingering his lips around for a while not wanting to pull off.

Not going to lie, it was the same for me. My hands, so tiny as compared to his huge back, still attempted to touch every inch possible, even through the thick royal fabric. 

I closed my eyes, wanting to forever be there, just like that.

Was it too much to ask for?

"Let's go." He said quietly, pulling away himself, leaving me cold.

I still held on to the fabric, his sleeve, as we covered the rest of the path, controlling our hormones.

The table was occupied with chatters and guffaws and stories and magic and nevertheless, love. I wish I could store this, not just in my memory.

 To be honest a part of me was even doubtful, what happens when I go back, will my memories remain intact in the first place?