Chapter 7

I could hardly manage to finish anything on my plate. I forcefully gulped things down my throat without a complaint, because I knew, the Indian ancestors respected food. 

And I just had seen a glimpse of that.

I was the last to get up, because I felt so heavy. My stomach needed just one bite more to be exploded. 

I was holding my abdomen, creeping my way out of that mighty room. The dress suddenly felt so tight that I was scared of ripping it apart from the sides. I was crying to myself as I wore the sandals that I had taken off outside the dining room. 

I was crying because I had to climb high hills and mountains, before I could finally be back in my room. I knew palaces were no joke, but this one, this one must have been the largest one that ever existed.

"there should have been that automated cab service here" I spoke to myself dragging myself somehow. 

"cab? What is a cab?" That Mayan look alike guy from earlier, spoke.

"huh!" I was startled by his sudden presence. But more than that, I wanted to buy time.

 Just fraction of seconds more, to think what can I possibly say about the foreign language.

"is there some sort of service our kingdom seems to be missing?" he asked genuinely.

"no no." I gave a dry laugh. "this place is... uh.. fantastic." I gave the statement of appreciation with a thumbs up, which earned me another question mark, as he looked back and forth to my thumb and my face. I immediately put my hand down. 

I was in no position to explain him things, especially when I was food pregnant.

"Nevermind. What's your name?" I tried to divert the flow of the conversation.

"Yug" he replied. I smiled and nodded in response and simultaneously started to walk again because I knew it would take me an eternity before I would be able to reach my room.

"So what do you do, Yug?" I asked again.

"I am a minister here." He spoke submissively and respectfully.

" ohh. Okay?" although not the English term, he would have sensed the question in my tone.

"uhhm.. I look into the matters, related to public dispute and public affairs, and try to handle them at my level, before it reaches up to the King."

"ohh... so you are the police officer." I smiled at him, realizing it later that my terms will get me executed one day.

"sorry!" he leaned ahead to hear me better.

"nothing." I nodded and pulled my hand ahead towards him, "nice to meet to you Yug" he looked at me with the constant question pasted on his face. 

I slowly took my hand down smiling to cover my embarrassment.

"Although I don't mind" he spoke, ignoring my weirdness. "when you are in front of the courtiers, please address me as Minister Yug. Taking just my name, becomes too personal here." I nodded in gratitude at his polite explanation.

"thanks, I mean thank you." I nodded with a smile.

I was happy at the brief encounter with this man. This face, in my world, has been proven to be a great friend of mine. I hope, here too, this face stays by my side. Although that's too difficult to expect.

                                                                                        ***

I had skipped through my dinner, because I couldn't find a way to burn all the calories I had taken in this afternoon. I slept through most of the length of the remaining day, or scroll through my gallery, tearing down at some pictures while smiling at others.