A New Challenger Has Arrived!

"Yup! It's me, Samboy!" Xanny giggled hysterically. She looked a bit more unhinged than usual, with leaves and branches sticking out of her messy black hair.

Xander groaned next to me. "Xandra." He said in a tired voice. "I told you to stop being a stereotypical annoying sister who has nothing better to do than bother her older sibling."

Xanny put her hands on her hips and pouted at her brother. "You're no fun! And don't call me by my real name. Why can't you be more like Samboy? She's a total rockout!" She grinned, hitting me on the shoulder painfully.

"What do you want this time?" I asked, rubbing my aching shoulder and wondering how many OCs the author was going to pack into this fanfic.

"So blondie kicked the bucket at school, huh?" Xanny said in her usual crazy manner. "Expired? Visited old Saint Pete? Bought the farm? Went to the giant Italy in the sky? Gone over to the other side of mortality? Stuffed inside the forever box?"

"Yeah." Xander sighed, facepalming. "Not that you'd care, Miss Little Suspended-From-School-For-Stabbing-A-Classmate." I could tell that he had a headache. I was starting to have one myself, honestly.

"Hey!" She protested. "Jack totally deserved it for trying to flirt with me. Everyone knows I'm the lesbian side character! Which is honestly kind of a messed up representation of LGBT considering how I'm actually insane, but you know how these stories go!"

"Just tell us what you want, Xanny."

"Fiiiiiiiiiine." She rolled her eyes. "So I heard you two were playing detective, and I wanted in. And before you try and stop me, I know more about murder cases than both of you, so I'll actually be pretty helpful."

"That's... true." Xander admitted hesitantly. "...but how do we know you won't mess with us and tamper with the evidence just to be annoying?"

"'Cause I wanna find out who the killer is so I can send 'em flowers!" Xanny giggled delightedly. "I've always hated that blonde bitch! She used to say super rude things to me like 'you're a lunatic' and 'please get help' and 'why is blood dripping from your bag'."

"Rude indeed." Xander deadpanned.

"So!" Xanny clapped her hands together, making me jump a little. "What's the evidence so far? Got any traces? An ominous note left behind by the killer, mayhaps?"

Xander looked around, and turned his gaze back on his sister. "We'll talk tomorrow at the school's library." He said. "I don't want anyone else to find out about our investigation."

"Alright, fine." Xanny stuck her tongue out, and abruptly swung around and skipped away.

It was at that moment when I truly wondered what the hell I'd just gotten myself into.