Nightmare... Or A Prophecy?

I didn't sleep well that night.

After a lengthy discussion with Eteled about how weird it was that two major storylines were going on at the same time, I went to bed and immediately had another nightmare, which is apparently a side effect of being a main protagonist.

~~dream time, ooooh~~

Destruction was everywhere. Headcanons were being torn apart. Fanfics crumbled to ash. Ships burst into flames, and disappeared in the blink of an eye.

And in the middle of it all stood me... and someone else.

Someone who wasn't human.

I could barely make out the shape of a large creature with bat-like wings. It unhinged its jaw and spoke to me.

"Too many twists, too many dares." It rumbled. "Not enough eyes and not enough cares."

"Wait!" I shouted. Or tried to shout. I wasn't too sure. "That doesn't make any sense! Who are you?"

"Ocean below, skies above." It growled. "Perfect as a flower and pretty as a dove."

"You don't have to rhyme like a prophet!" I yelled, started to get frustrated. What did this thing want? Why can't anything ever make sense in a fanfic? "Just tell me your point so I can help you!"

"A door to a world that no longer prospers." It snapped, sounding just as frustrated as I felt. "Find it and save us, hear our whispers."

"What does that mean?" I was about to ask before I suddenly woke up.

~~exit dream time, ooooh~~

It took me a minute before I realized that I was still in my bed, and not in the ruins of a rapidly dying fandom.

The Wii was turned on, and I saw Eteled's concerned face staring at me. Totally not weird or creepy at all.

"Sam? You alright?" He asked me. "You've been talking in your sleep. Did you have a nightmare?"

I don't even know anymore. I thought. "Yeah, I'm fine though." I lied.

I could tell that he wasn't convinced. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked. "What was it about?"

I paused for a moment.

"That I accidentally showed up to school naked."