Settling in

Hook turned around when he heard someone enter his sheriff station, but his friendly complexion turned sour as soon as he saw who it was. It was the first time that they met face to face, since that fateful encounter in the other realm that almost cost him his life. „Oh... you."

The new guy in town replied: „Good day to you too, mate! I see you recognize me."

„You may have my looks, but you certainly don't have my sense of humor."

„Probably, but I do have better manners. Where is Emma? Where is David?"

„David is out on patrol and Emma is taking care of our daughter, we have a baby, in case you haven't noticed. There's nothing for you to see here, you can close the door on your way out."

„Why are you being so hostile towards me?"

„Oh, I don't know, let me think about it, maybe because you tried to steal Emma from me, and my entire life? Maybe because you tried to kill me?"

„You tried to kill me too, and you almost succeeded if Emma hadn't saved me."

„That's because you're just a pitiful duplicate. You could never beat me."

„That's not true. I've lived my life, just like you, you know it! We were the same up until a certain point. I may have intended to take your place, but in the end I didn't, did I?"

„And now you want my gratitude for it?"

„I'd simply appreciate a little curtesy. I've been a loyal friend and companion to your stepson, his family and friends. I've fought by his side, I've turned away from the darkness towards the light, just like you."

„And now, what do you want here?"

„To start a new life. My daughter is here. For love. We've spent most of her life apart, looking for each other, unable to ever be close to each other, to be together. Now we finally can. I'm not leaving for as long as Alice is here. So the both of us can either continue this quarreling nonsense... or we can accept the fact that there are two of us now in this town, and make the best of it."

He scoffed. „So you intend to stay here and what? Be Regina's lap dog?"

„I'm not her lap dog!"

„Should I assume that ridiculous outfit of yours was your choice? Or did you simply put on put ‚mommy' prepared for your first day of school this morning?"

„Maybe you're just jealous that I have a sense of style you're clearly lacking? For your information, I can dress myself perfectly fine, thank you for asking!"

„Be that as it may, apparently you two had quite the torrid affair when you were cursed?"

„Aye, that we did, but we don't anymore. And how about you? It seems to me that you two had quite the torrid affair when you were NOT cursed."

„Excuse me?"

„Regina and I spent years together with Henry and his family, don't you think she told me everything, what happened between the the two of you? Curious that you call me her lap dog when it was you who was her puppet she used to try and kill her mother... then you were her mother's puppet to help her get back to Regina. Let alone, Emma! Without Regina's curse, no savior. And yours and Emma's paths would have never crossed. Your fate is intertwined with the queen's just as much as mine, and for much longer than mine. So don't give me this childish attitude."

„Very well then. I'm asking you once more, and more friendly this time: what do you intend to do here in Storybrooke? Are you sure you're not just here to finally get to Emma, get the life you've always wanted and dispose of me? Why should I trust you?"