We have an announcement to make

With heavily beating hearts they were walking up the stairs to the Charmings' apartment. She was holding onto his hook for dear life while in his hand he was carrying a bottle of rum – it was a potluck after all, so he'd decided to bring what he was best at preparing. She, of course, was carrying a baking dish of lasagne.

She looked incredible in her tight, red mini dress and her black bolero jacket, her hair was curly, her eyes were sparkling. Looking at her, he wished they could've just stayed home. Everything was still so fresh and new and exciting that it almost felt like torture whenever he was forced to be around other people and could not hold, kiss and touch her even just for five minutes, let alone an entire evening.

In front of the door, she paused, suddenly hesitating to knock.

„Everything alright, love?"

She took a deep breath, then tried to smile and nod. „Yeah, it's just..."

„Nervous?"

„Yes. You?"

„Well... It's not my family in there. My daughter already knows."

Finally she turned her head away from the closed door, behind which they could already hear a band of voices and laughter, to look at him. „What if they're not happy for us? Or... somehow weird about it?"

He sighed, put the rum bottle down that he was carrying, then took the lasagne from her hands to set it down next to it on the floor before pulling her into a warm embrace, stroking her hair. „Don't worry about it, alright? Of course, they will be happy for us! Too happy to stomach, most likely! And weird... definitely. But that's how we know and love them, don't we? Don't you worry about a thing, love, I'm with you. And everything's going to be alright."

He pulled back to be able to look her in the eyes, raised his hand and gently let his fingers run along her cheek, giving her the most encouraging smile. She was scared, he could see it in her eyes. She knew exactly how to tackle all kinds of menacing, life-threatening attacks and situations. But something as normal and almost bland as this... introducing a new boyfriend to her family, this was new to her, and it terrified her. In the end though she nodded, she trusted him, she let him protect her, she, the powerful sorceress, the former Evil Queen, and how much he loved her for it!

He leaned in to give her one last kiss, but when she kissed him back with such a surprising amount of passion and longing, as if her life depended on it, he could not hold back, but just kissed her more, deeper, placing his hand around her neck, his fingers threading through her curls, his tongue caressing hers, tasting her.

She gasped when she felt the wall in her back, then the cold metal of his hook tracing down her thigh until the back of her knee, lifting up her leg so she could wrap it around his hips to pull him closer. She could already sense through his jeans how bad of an idea this was, making out with him, here and now... but it felt so good at the same time! When she felt his lips and tongue on her neck, her jaw and behind her ear, she was unable to keep her hands off his belt buckle, trying to open it. What the fuck were they doing? Were they seriously about to do it in the staircase, right in front of the Charmings' door with her son and granddaughter inside? Were they that desperate?

„Ewww!", they winced and broke apart when they heard a shrill voice cutting through the sounds of their gasps and moans and muttered words of encouragement.

Killian tried to buckle up his pants as fast as he was able to with just one hand and a hook, while Regina pulled back down the skirt of her dress and tried to fix her make up and her hair as best she could, both of them fiery red in the face, from desire as well as from embarrassment.

„Zelena, uhm...", she cleared her throat, „Hey! We... didn't hear you coming."

„Yeah? Well, I'm very glad, I didn't hear you coming either! What the hell are you doing here? Were you seriously about to do it in the staircase, right in front of the Charmings' door with your son and granddaughter inside? Are you that desperate?"