I just want to be alone with you!

They froze instantly and held their breaths. With eyes wide open, she looked at her lover and gasped: „Henry!"

What do we do now – he had wanted to ask. But the last thing he realized was how the panic in her eyes turned into a silent apology... just before he disappeared in a cloud of purple smoke.

Regina herself hopped off the kitchen counter and barely managed to button up her pyjama top that was thankfully long enough to cover her private parts before her son stood in the door.

„Henry!", she said, still slightly out of breath, „What a nice surprise... What are you doing here?"

„Grandma told me you're sick? I wanted to come over and check on you, see if you need anything."

„Oh yes, right!", she coughed on cue, „Don't worry about me, it's just a cold."

„Are you sure? You look terrible!", he came towards her, his face full of concern, „You're really flushed and sweaty and your eyes are all shiny. You probably have a fever."

She blushed even more and waved it off. „Oh no, I don't think so, I'm just really hot, that's all." ... Because just twenty seconds ago I was getting laid by your best friend, she thought to herself.

„Is that why you're not wearing any pants?", he pointed to her PJ bottoms that were lying on the floor halfway between them where Killian had pulled them off.

She looked down as if she only noticed it now. „Oh... yes! Yes, it is."

„You should though, you know, even if you feel hot. You're still sick. That's what you always told me when I was sick. Remember?", he smiled.

She had to smile as well. „Of course! You're so right", she shrugged and laughed slightly uncomfortably, „What was I thinking?"

When she walked over to pick up her pants, Henry gasped. „Geez, mom, you're bleeding! On your thigh!"

„I... what?", she looked down and startled herself when she saw the blood running from a cut going along her outer thigh, two or three inches long, „Wow, I... I didn't even notice! I must have... cut myself while preparing breakfast somehow."

That bloody pirate with his damn hook for a hand... Finally his excitement seemed to have gotten the better of him. She slowly moved her hand over the wound until it disappeared as if nothing had ever happened, then put her pants back on.

Henry was completely lost by now, his mother's behavior was more than just a little bit strange, and he was seriously getting worried about her.

„So, initially I was thinking about bringing you some chicken soup", he looked over at the kitchen counter where there were already bread, eggs, waffles, plus the bacon that was most certainly burning in the pan by now, „Looks like you didn't lose your appetite, at least."

„Oh well, you know how important it is to make sure you eat properly even when you're sick and don't feel like it."

„Right... Mom, are you sure you're okay?", he put a gentle hand on her shoulder, „Come, let me take you back to bed, I'll bring your breakfast upstairs."

„No! No, I'm okay, really. But, I'm tired, actually, and I think I'd like to be alone now."

„Are you sure?"

She nodded. „I am. Please?"

He sighed, apparently he wasn't sure at all. „Alright then... But, I call you later, okay? And you text me, every hour, and let me know you're alright! And if you need anything, anything at all, you tell me, okay? Promise!"