Chapter 4

Type wakes up with a smile when crisp morning breeze tickles his eyes by ruffling his hair.

The air is clean and fresh; he cannot help but take a lungful of refreshing cold air; eyes still closed, savoring the passing moments.

He is lying on the fluffiest clouds; he thinks and he smiles some more.

He decides he must sleep some more. What could possibly be more worthy than another few moments on a warm bed in the cold morning?

He wiggles, traps the pillow under his chest and throwing his right leg outside the blanket.

Hmmm...

Now it is even more comfortable.

"I see you are awake."

Type's eye fly open at the whispered words and he does not breathe for a few moments.

He is not at home and certainly not at the army barracks.

Shiyaa...

Where is he?!

He gulps, trying to think of the reasons why he is sleeping at a strange place.

Fuck!

Another drunk one-night with whosoever from an entertainer's den?

Type sits up, quickly looks down to check the state of his dresses but thankfully, he is fully clothed, except for his overcoat, belt and shoes.

"Would you like to rest some more?"

"No, I am up." Type answers before looking at the person who is standing by the window and watching him.

The Wolf.

Except for the mask, the person in front of him is not like the Wolf he knows.

How long has passed while he...

"The journey took longer than we anticipated and... the Kolmer Stone of the carriage made you so weak. I... was not expecting that. It was not my intention. We reached here yesterday in the evening just before moon rise."

Type touches his neck to check his magic power and thankfully he can feel them thrumming.

Good.

He wiggles the fingers of his right hand slowly rubbing the palm, just to make completely sure and as hoped, black ash raises swirling around. He disperses the spell and looks back at the Wolf.

"You are currently at the Wizard Emperor His Excellency Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat's Palace. This is one of m... our guest rooms." Type looks around as the Wolf continues. "Thought you would like to know where you have been sleeping. Your... You are safe."

Type covers his suddenly warm cheeks by wiping them with his palms as if to remove the clutch of sleepiness.

"How did you get in?" Type clears his throat when his voice comes out raspy.

The Wolf mimics him and clears his own throat but Type feels it is not intentional.

"Ah, you let me in."

Type's mind aura is one of the strongest powers he possess. When his body gets too tired, he has trained himself to project and manifest the boundaries to protect him.

Now that Type is awake he knows, the whole room is still protected with his aura and his magic wisps has assumed their positions in his Tuntraic Chakras.

But Type is not one to permit people inside his Chakras especially when he has passed out of exhaustion.

"You set up your..." The Wolf waves his hand to indicate the spells around him. "We, wizards call it Resting Caspol... well, you set it up right after we entered this room."