Chapter 7

He could hear the hushed whispers even before he reached the classroom.

Disgrace

Dangerous

Freak

Stay away from him.

Nothing he has never heard before.

The legend says there was a time, when all the wizards and necromancers were the same.

No necromancers.

No wizards.

Only warlords and normals. And they hated each other with passion.

Then times changed. Nobody knows what happened.

Now the normals belongs to every group and their population is dispersed among all the species but the people with mage entities inside; they are in wars.

Hunting, taunting and alienating each other.

What is the future of us, necromancers?

No, not us. There is no us.

He didn't belong with the necromancers either.

Not needing an eleganor for charging his abilities made him a freak among his villagers.

That makes him dangerous. He does not belong to his village.

He bears a womb. He does not belong in the army.

He is... was an army commander to the Night Army of Necromancers. He does not belong to the necromancers who are allies of the Wizard Emperor.

He does not belong anywhere, ever.

But he has stepped foot in the academy halls like a man on mission.

With his newly dyed hair that is twisted into a half bun and numerous tattoos that proclaimed him as a freak even among mages, Type is ready for the taming.

The royalties and lordships in the academy councils have once decided teaching necromancer kids among their sworn enemies would tame them.

Taming.

Exactly the word used in the official notification send to him and his father.

The Empress is the only one who is as offended as Type.

The bureaucrats are mean motherfuckers and Type is not yet ready to believe that Emperor and his beloved children are also unaware of the little 'term of endearment'.

Children!

Yes!

Type gulps his annoyance and irrational anger down his throat, fisting his palm that is not holding his books.

How stupid is he?!

Of course, it is too visible but Type is always so blind when it comes to... comes to...

Nothing.

The Royal Couple is too ecstatic to have him in the university and they have welcomed him by removing their masks.

Too risky; Type still thinks but... nothing has never been at too much risk than Type's heart when he has first seen the Emperor's face.

The resemblance of the Emperor to his second son, the Wolf, the Prince of Galoddhikeera... Thara Kirigun is so uncanny that Type's reaction has made the whole family laugh.

The Emperor is indeed only a slightly older version of the Wolf and surprisingly looks so young, once the mask is removed.

With the shaking of hands he has seen on the first day, Type has misjudged the Emperor's form. He maybe as old as Type's father but does not look that way, especially with a beautiful wife like the Empress beside him.