Chapter 5

Type wipes away his tears with a sniffle.

He has missed the big man so much but never got an opportunity to grieve.

The letters sing the praises of Wizard Emperor and... his mentor is asking him to extend his trust for a better tomorrow.

How easy for him to say!

But the evidence...

His hands shake taking out the final report that he has refused to open till now.

Investigation report - Death of Captain of Forlpoks : Briyana Saaprit Marthi aka Briyana Thiwat

... the meeting was postponed due to crowd control measures related to flood of Triyar. Briyana left the barracks before the meeting without official decree, to help the villagers flee from the catastrophe. The letter of invitation from Emperor Mew was dated two days before of her murder. Herewith attached the evidence of Emperor Mew's written letters after her death, requesting another meetings. Only plausible conclusion - Emperor Mew or his army had no clue about her untimely demise and had been waiting for the captain to reschedule the meeting...

Type looks up shaking his head.

Well, the Emperor has never waited for his mother like him... hours and hours into nights and days, waiting for her warm hugs.

But...

Then he reads the personal note from Taapith.

It is easy to blame an unseen enemy than point fingers at our own friends for the crime. Let this hate do not blind you from seeing the truth, N'Type. Our loved ones did not die from the hands of Emperor Mew... or his men. The blood is in our own hands...

Does not change a thing, does it?

His species is dying because of wars... wars with these Wizards.

But these deaths are not in war fields, right? All the deceased has had the invitations from the Emperor himself right before their death.

In comparison, war has been kind. This betrayal has taken so many lives and who is to blame?

Type closes his eyes, falling to the bed, taking deep breaths. He hates crying.

Makes him vulnerable in front of 'tough' army.

Two days pass in a blink and he is dispersed from the healer's clutches.

Two drops of blood on his thigh has made the healer lose her composure that even the Emperor Mew postponed their meeting until his 'medical discharge'.

His tests have come back normal, like he has deducted. The wizard people has no idea about their anatomy but Type would keep it that way.

He does not believe their actions just yet.

Today he is going back to his... his... people. But are they really his people? If the evidence of Taapith is right, then his people are his betrayers.

That could not be right... His people are his home.

The sleep is as disturbing as the reality and Type wakes up more tired but the bathroom puts a smile on his face.

Thankfully when he is back from his long bath, his own clothes are cleaned and ironed on his bed with the reason of his 'capture' looking out through the window.

"You should stop coming inside the bedroom without asking."

"Then you should not let your aura accept me in." Thara Kirigun turns around with a smirk.