Chapter 13

The Emperor of the Wizard Kind is known to be the most powerful being who have walked on this mortal realm so far. In his guidance and fair, just ruling, wizards are now the most thriving species in their whole planet and his reign is only widening through his lineage and passed on heritage.

Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat slowly blinks his eyes, and let the nature sooth his mage thirst.

He has promised his wife, he would not shift to war unless he has no other choice to protect his people. How can he make his wife - The Protector of Everything Innocent, that sometimes the easiest and effective way to keep peace is... ironically war?

Life is not a linear path and what goes will surely come around... but apparently, for his wife, life is so precious.

Of course, it is precious. That is why we take that away from people who do not deserve it.

Mew takes a deep sigh.

He does not want to sleep alone today. So, he better stand here and watch his son play with his new rescue animal.

So much like his mother - Mew smiles.

Who would even believe, the Crown Prince of Galodhikkeera would sit on mud, share his lunch with a rescued Harn animal?

Mew's smile morph into a wide grin when the cub mimics his son, and chow down its food from the bowl.

So like his mother.

Kind and empathetic.

Strong and fierce.

Loyal and just.

Powerful and humble.

No Gods or Goddesses have blessed Mew that kindly except his wife, Gulf Kanawut. He has blessed Mew with his lineage continuation. Not once or twice but thrice and not only that, he gave him another three beautiful kids through his heart.

Mew rubs his chest which aches with love.

His Gulf.

How can he ever show him how grateful he is for these blessings?!

And like any stupid mortal who is unaware of the Gods' blessing, Mew spat first, cursed and hurt his Goddess... blinded with hunger for power.

Mew gulps.

He had pointed his sword to his unborn child; Thorn's head... when he was in his mom's tummy.

Mew winces at the pain the memory brings.

His little son... his son's mother...

Mew heart aches badly and his eyes opens his soul.

His child.

Giggles like rain on river falls on his ears and Mew closes his eyes quickly.

"... and I ran away with it... hehe and the priest ran after me... "N'Gulf do not run, do not run"... am I listening? No... like I said, "Bubbaa... we love pretty leaves too..." hehe and... I hid them in the basket outside..."

Mew has no idea what his wife is babbling nonstop about but he wants to kill everyone who is listening to that beautiful music... that voice, sound, laughter, happiness... all belongs to Mew.

"P'MEWWW!!!" His wife excitedly squeaks and the Emperor forgets what he has been thinking of. "Do you have any idea what we did today?"

Mew smiles, holding his wife close and pecking that beautiful head numerous times. "Picking fights with temple priests, hiding merit sweets and then giving them to young baby monks, pet a few animals, playing hide and seek with the temple guards trying to adopt the baby animals... hmmm... what else?"