Chapter 7

Sera was walking by Johns side with her bags of clothes. It was silent and the moon was starting to come down. She pondered what to do when she got to Johns house.

'I could just straight up jump on him when we go to his room, but that would be no fun. I want to tease him. Start off slow and make him want more. I'm going to make him earn me if he wants me.' John started talking, distracting Sera from her thoughts.

"So Sera, I assume when you get home you're going to paint your nails?" Sera completely forgot about the nail polish, I guess her pouncing on John would have to wait until she paints her nails. "You know it! I've always wanted to do it, but never got around to it."

That's right, John had completely forgot that she wasn't always the fun Sera he knows now. John was kind of surprised that she was able to keep up a persona like that without snapping. 'Well, not everyone throws temper tantrums like you.'

"Great, you have something to do. While you do that I'll just be playing with my fingers enjoying myself." Sera laughed at his stupid sarcasm. "You don't have to do that, I'm sure that you watching me paint my nails for an hour will be entertaining enough for you" Sera shot back with her own sarcastic joke.

John playfully punched her arm and Sera dramatized it like if her arm had just been broken. "Ouchhhhhh, that hurt soooooo much. Catch me before I faint." Sera fell onto John and he didn't catch her, instead he let her fall face first onto the pavement.

John just watched her fall and heard a thud. He started dying of laughter as he heard a thud. She got up and the first thing Sera did was throw a punch to Johns stomach without her ability active. He walked backwards, all the wind out of him.

Sera just stuck her tongue out at him with her now laughing and John in pain. "You didn't need to punch me so hard you know, it's your fault that you put your faith in me!"

"You're so lucky that I can rewind the bruises and dirt on my clothes because if not there would be more than one thrown at you and they would be a lot harder." John knew that Sera could be scary, but had no idea she could be this harsh.

"Honestly, it would be worth it in the end. Watching you slowly fall to the floor, especially face first made this whole mall trip worth it." Sera just huffed, speeding her walk to John house. He basically had to jog to keep up with her.

They had finally made it to Johns house just as it became dark out. Sera was still upset about the whole ordeal and gave him a glare that could kill someone. She put her bags down near the front door and sat down on the couch with the nail polish in hand.

John was just playing video games to kill time. Sera looked up to see what he was playing that was making him yell at a screen. The only thing she could tell was that it was definitely a multiplayer game. "What are you playing that's making you scream this loud? I'm trying to finish up here in peace."

John relaxed as his game finished. "It's these little fuckers, Sera. They talk so much shit over the mic and get all sweaty when I kill them once." Sera had a thought of a little nine year old telling John off, making her laugh.

"You mean to tell me, you're getting all worked up over little kids?" John nodded casually leaning back playing again. "DarkDonut, you're so ass bro. Can you get a kill already?" Sera could hear the kid talking smack because the volume on the tv was so high. She could tell that the kid that was talking shit must've been seven at most due to his squeaky voice.

"That's it, I'm getting the mic. I can't with these kids anymore." Sera looked at John to see his pissed off face before he got up and went to his room to presumably get his mic. 'Oh boy, this is going to be fun to listen to' Sera thought as she finished painting her left hand.