Chapter 13: Spectres First Encounter

John didn't know what to wear and didn't really have time to think about it. He rushed to his closet and picked out his vigilante costume.

It was obvious that he needed to pick this outfit out. From what he had heard on the phone, it seemed that he was going to need to fight people off.

Although he didn't want to fight on an off day, he knew he had no choice. His friends needed help and who was he to leave them be?

The ravenette was searching through his closet for his duffel bag. John tossed a bunch of clothes and boxes to the side, awakening Sera. She didn't want to open her eyes as the light wouldn't be a nice greeting, so she just called out his name.

"John?" Her deeper voice caught John off guard, but was too distracted with getting dressed to overthink about it.

"Hey, I'm going to meet up with Blyke and Remi. I'll be back soon I promise."

She knew something was off from the way he spoke super fast to the amount of noise he was making. He's always been considerate of the noises he makes when she was asleep, so this was weird. Also, it's not like he forgot what had just happened a few hours prior to this moment. He usually had just stayed in bed with me.

Curiosity got the best of her and the magenta haired girl slowly opened her eyes, trying to block the light with her hands that was blinding her. The moment she saw what John was wearing, her heart dropped and jolted up.

Here John was, putting on his vigilante suit.

They had already talked about when he was going to do his stupid suicide missions and today was not one of those days.

Sera started to ponder about why he was wearing his costume and was in a rush. She tried to connect some dots while he was quickly putting on the fit. He was wearing his suit, he was in a rush like if something important was going on. He even brought up Blyke and Remi.

Her heart sank, 'They can't be in trouble. They're both easily capable of defending themselves... right?'

One was a hot head and the other one was naïve yet brave. This could go horribly wrong easily which is why they must have called John.

It all was starting to make sense and she didn't have much time to process it all as John kissed her forehead saying everything would be okay. Just before John left the house, Sera activated her ability for John to copy. She knew he needed to get there fast and her ability could help immensely.

She noticed that John had left his phone so there would be no way to contact him if anything went wrong, making her even more anxious. There was no way she would be able to sleep thinking about all these possibilities.

Sera was never a super religious person, but did believe in god. This was going to be one of those times where she prayed for nothing but the best.

If John of all people is in a rush, they could be in danger. 'Please... be safe.'

John remembered the location Blyke had sent him since it was situated near a well known place. It was just around the corner from the amusement park. It was only about 10 minutes away if walking, but John wasn't walking.

He was sprinting with time manipulation to give him extra speed. He could make it there in three minutes tops.

As he ran past people, bumping into a few of them, he started to ponder more on what could have made Blyke panic call John.

'He did say we could be in trouble soon, but for what? What did you guys get yourself into? All I said was that you two should go on a date and here you are causing problems.'