Chapter 9

Johns nap didn't last long at all. He was napping for about 30 minutes before he woke up on his own. He still had about an hour before he needed to start getting ready, so he turned off his alarm to avoid waking Sera up and started passing time with his phone.

He was just playing Slappy Pig to distract himself for the time being. With so much happening, he needed something like that.

John was still thinking about what Rei proposed. He was still scared to take that title and rule Wellston. The main issue wasn't that he didn't know how to rule. The problem was that he was scared.

Scared that he would go back to his old ways, beating people up over gossip. He didn't like the pressure and attention he was getting during his time as King. On the contrary, he was probably getting all of that attention because there was always something bad to say about him.

He was unsure if it would happen all over again. Would he really go back to his New Bostin ways? Beating people up for little to no reason? He had a foundation down, but could that even matter in the long run?

He knew where to start from his talk with Rei and Kuyo, but would that even help him out? John didn't know if he had it in him to help everyone out. Did he even have that leadership skill to change peoples point of views?

John was sure that he would end up lashing out over the stress eventually, but remembered a certain girl laying down on him. He looked down and saw her face peacefully napping on him. She calmed him down in so many ways he didn't even know was possible. With her by his side, he was always calm.

There was also that problem, John telling her about his past. He wasn't even sure if she would stick by his side after John tells her everything he did. He couldn't imagine having to spend the rest of Wellston without her.

How much it would hurt to look at her as he's walking in the halls and just see disgust and hatred in her eyes. It would leave a hole in his chest for years to come. He couldn't lose her, he needed her. It was like she brought out the good in him.

John did start getting better after he read unOrdinary, but he still mostly kept to himself. With her, he felt comfortable enough to tell her anything and never feel judged. Like Sera always had his back no matter what.

He does have the trio, but would they feel the same way once I told them? Losing Sera in it of itself is a killing blow, but losing his other friends would be the nail in the coffin. He would be all alone again and he hated that feeling.

Like it was him versus everyone else. All John could do is pray that she would understand and not leave him after. The only thing he knew was that he would have to tell her the full truth and leave no gaps. It would be better to be fully honest and have her leave than have him feel guilt every time he sees Sera.

Then there was this whole vigilante thing on his mind too. He was officially going to dedicate himself to this and was scared. He knew he was capable of protecting himself which is why he wasn't worried about himself.

John was scared that he wouldn't be able to help Kuyo, Rei or whoever he was helping out. The guilt he would have to live with if he had to tell Remi that he couldn't save her brother.

Or if he saw Kuyo die in front of him and the distraught look on Reis face. It would haunt him for the rest of his days on planet Earth. He would do his very best to make sure that no matter what, he would put everyone else in front of him.

If John wanted to redeem himself for all the shitty things he's done with his ability, he would start now and help people with it, like what the hero in unOrdinary did.

He knew that the second he put the mask on, he would need to be ready to make any sacrifice necessary to save people. John knew the risk of it all, but he needed this.