21. Overwhelmed

Barry tiptoed around the room gathering his clothes from various corners of the room in the morning. With Caitlin still asleep, he made sure not to wake her up. Sighing, Barry walked over to her side and sat on the bed next to her. He lightly brushed away the hair from her face and caressed her cheek.

"I don't know where this is going to lead to next." He lightly whispered. "But I don't want to lose you." Barry exhaled loudly.

Getting up, he pulled the blanket to her chest. Taking one last glance at her, he left the apartment before she woke up as he knew how awkward it would be for her to see him there after what happened the previous night.

.

.

.

.

Caitlin's POV.

It had been 30 minutes since I was woken up by a terrible migraine. Recollecting the events of the previous night, I sighed. I rolled on my stomach with the side of my face pressed against the pillow, and stretched my hand to the other side of the bed where Barry was a couple of hours ago.  Though he was gone, his scent still lingered on the pillow, the bedsheet, the duvet, me. Last night went by in a blur in my head and increased the throbbing pain. I have no idea how to face him. What must he be thinking?

Before I got caught in my thoughts, I pushed myself up and walked to the bathroom. Stripping down his oversized T-shirt that I wore, I turned on the faucet and let the hot water relax my muscles. I closed my eyes, letting all the irrational thoughts and actions gallop though my mind. Most of them recognizable, but one of which I had no recollection of.

Barry swiftly pinned her to the wall on the side while clamping her hands above her head. He harshly pushed his lips on her and kissed her vigorously.

Snippets of the moment flashed in front of my eyes. I shot them opening, trying to comprehend if they were a fantasy or reality. I do not remember the moment between me and Barry to be a reality but it felt more than just a fragment of my inappropriate thoughts about a certain speedster. Pushing them away, I closed my eyes again only to be haunted by more.

He slid his hand in her dress, reaching her thigh. Caitlin arched her back feeling his unusual touch. He lifted her leg and placed it around his waist, pulling her closer. His other hand travelled to the back and undid her dress zipper just enough so it could slid down her shoulders.

What. The. Fuck.

The hot water did nothing but entice the situation. I stepped out of the shower with a plain towel wrapped around my body. Quickly glancing at the time, I dressed up. Since I was already 2 hours late, I decided to take my time. I applied minimal makeup to hide the bags under my eyes so I look like a functional human being. Look being the key word. However, my eye bags weren't the only thing that needed to be concealed. There were multiple hickeys lined up on my neck, trailing down to my collar bone. Shuddering at the thought of his lips pressed against my neck, I try to conceal them with the makeup, however they contrasted with my pale skin. Giving up, I vouched to throw on a scarf even though the temperature was high today.

.

.

.

.

Sitting the car, I sighed, trying to get the courage to drive. Thinking about my situation, I scoffed. My boyfriend is currently in a coma and all I can think about is the night with Barry. I guess it is a great way to start.

POV ended.

.

.

.