12. In Between The Mafia

Iris closed the door behind her as she looked at Barry in front of her who was busy on his phone. Taking a deep breathe, she gained the courage to talk to him.

"Barry, we need to talk." Iris muttered.

"Yeah, what is it?" Barry asked still looking at his phone.

He was trying to ask Cisco about Caitlin's whereabouts as she just disappeared into thin air. Her confession pulled onto his heart strings and now she wasn't replying to any of his calls or texts.

"It's about Eddie." Iris said skeptically.

Barry instantly looked up at the mention of his name. He shoved the phone down his pocket and turned his entire focus to her. He saw her rub her hands together on her hips in nervousness.

"Barry, I need some time. To think and make a decision." Iris demanded.

"T-Time for what?" Barry stuttered slightly.

"Barry, Eddie was my fiancé. Seeing him again, I can't help but think about what our relationship would've been if he never died." Iris stated.

"S-So, what do you want?" Barry questioned her intentions.

"I just, want some time." Iris answered.

Barry nodded with his head to the ground. He couldn't help but feel like a rebound. A very long rebound. Even though it pained him, he zapped around the loft and in a matter of seconds, he returned back to his spot with a bag in his hand.

Barry walked closer to her and held her hand in his. "I will move back with Joe. That will give you space and time to think, about our relationship." Barry offered.

"I am sorry." Iris cried.

"Me too." Barry agreed. He kissed her forehead gently and walked out of the loft.

.

.

.

.

Joe got up from is couch as there was a knock on the door at night. Cecile frowned thinking about the late night visitor. Joe was surprised to see Barry standing at his door steps during the night. His eyes went to the small bag that was by his foot.

"Got room for another?" Barry smiled nervously.

.

.

.

.

Joe walked into the living room with two bottle of beers and sat beside Barry on the couch. Barry without questioning, took the bottle and gulped it down. He really needed it at the moment.

"What happened?" Joe asked finally.

"Iris, she needed some time to think about our relationship." Barry informed.

"Oh honey." Cecile cooed. "Everything will be fine." She pressed his shoulder supportingly. Barry smiled lightly at her. "I will get your room ready." Cecile walked up the stairs leaving the both of them.

Barry looked at Joe who seemed lost in his thoughts. "Do you think she will come back?" Barry asked innocently.

"Honestly?" Joe asked to which Barry nodded. "I don't know." He admitted. "Iris is stubborn, she will do what her mind pleases." Joe explained.

Barry continued to gulp on his drink. He then frowned looking at the bottle. "You know I can't get drunk right? There is no point of giving me beer." Barry smirked.

"I know. I just needed a drinking partner." Joe joked causing both of them to chuckle.

.

.