6. Bitter Truth

Iris sat on the chair with Barry's jacket wrapped around her and gulped on the bottle of water that was given to her. Barry paced back and forth trying his best to digest the information that he just got. Joe sat beside his daughter comforting her.

"How did you know?" Barry asked, his tone rude and harsh, frustrated with all the events.

Iris struggled to free her hands from the tied chair. She groaned while Godspeed stood near a table mixing some chemicals.

"Would you just let me go?!" Iris spoke as she cried being annoyed.

With superspeed, Godspeed crouched in front of her leaving her baffled. He wiped her tears away harshly and she frowned.

"Don't cry!" He ordered and flashed back to the table.

"If you care so much for me then why don't you just let me go?!" Iris yelled.

This angered Godspeed. He smashed the beaker that he was holding on the table and some pieces dug into the palm of his skin.

"I can't let you go! How can you just forget me like that Iris? Like I was just a fling for you," He raged.

"W-what are you talking about? I-I don't understand," Iris frowned.

Godspeed took his mask off revealing his identity. Iris gasped.

"E-Eddie? How is this possible?" Tears streamed out of her eyes looking at her past lover.

Eddie smiled sadly.

"You know Iris, out of everyone I have known, I thought you would know that anything is possible," Eddie spoke. "But you couldn't wait, you moved on, with Barry,"

"Eddie, I am sorry," Iris cried.

"I don't want your sorry! I wanted you! To spend my entire life with you, it wasn't normal, but I didn't care because I had you!" Eddie yelled.

"Eddie please, open me," Iris wept tugging onto her wrist to free them.

He flashed in front of her. Eddie opened his claws and dragged his finger down her cheek.

"You have moved on, and now so have I," He spoke psychotically. "I do not need you anymore," Blood dripped from her cheek. He smashed his lips onto hers kissing her deeply. "Goodbye, Iris,"  His claws moved to her neck.

"Eddie, no, please," She begged.

As he was about to strangle her, something beeped on the table. He twisted his neck to see what it was. Leaving her he zapped towards the table.

"Looks like your death can wait, don't go anywhere," Eddie smirked and flashed out of her sight.

Iris cried for what Eddie had become now. Eddie, who loved her so much was ready to take her life, who was an honest officer, was ready to commit a murder. But she wouldn't let that happen, she was going to help him, she was going to bring her Eddie back, the Eddie that she loved, or still loved?

Iris looked around and figured out where she was. She smiled sadly. Even though he said he didn't love her anymore, he still held her hostage where she had found him when Wells kidnapped him. Iris focused her attention on the glass piece in front of her. She stretched her leg to the piece, using her toes, Iris pulled it towards her. Iris then banged on one of the legs of the chair with her heel. She was grateful that she wore sneakers the day she got kidnapped. After a few tries, the wooden leg snapped and caused the chair to tumble over due to the lack of balance. Iris shut her eyes at the throbbing pain as her head hit the ground. Refocusing her vision, she crawled closer to the piece so her hand could reach it. Once her hand got the piece, Iris rubbed the glass against the rope and freed herself. She quickly stood up and climbed out of the room before Godspeed returned.