5. Struck by Cupid

Ralph groaned as the light shone into his pupils causing him to shut them instantly. Gradually he opened them, his eyes adjusting to the familiar atmosphere. He jutted his head slightly out only to find Frost sitting at a distance with her knees close to her chest and a book placed on it. Her pencil flew across the page gracefully.

"I didn't think of you as a person who would be into books," Ralph spoke in his hoarse voice gaining her full attention.

She lifted her head up to see him. Closing the book, Frost placed it on the counter nearby and stood up taking a seat on the stool beside his bed.

"Believe me I am not." He heard a slight chuckle.

Ralph planted his hand on the wound and stretched his chest slightly causing him to wince in pain. "How long was I out for?" He asked, wondering his thoughts aloud.

"Not more than a couple of hours. It's just 10 at night." She said casually.

"I was knocked out for 13 hours?!" He asked in disbelief only to have a casual nod in return.

"Maybe our next lesson should be on the importance of time." He humoured her.

"Sure thing life coach." She winked. "But trust me, I am an expert in knowing the value of time." He saw her gulp slightly and glint of tears in her eyes.

He was puzzled by her remark. He looked at her trying to get answers but nothing else came out of her. This increased his suspicions even more. She smiled sadly and stood up, leaving the room. Frost stopped midway and thought for a second. She turned around to meet his eyes.

"Thanks for having my back." She carefully chose her words.

"Anytime, Frosty." He smirked at her. Then he thought of something.

"Hey, Frost." She turned around swiftly. "You are a girl right?" He asked an obvious question instantly regretting it.

"Since the last time I checked, I am pretty sure, yeah." She chuckled taking her seat beside him again.

"How do you make a girl...like you?" Ralph worded his thoughts with great difficulty.

"Oh, is this still about Derbon?" She smirked teasingly.

"H-how do you know?" He was shocked.

"Please, you are not that discreet with your actions. Your obsession with your phone, the frustrated groans when she doesn't respond, thoughts about her that you keep to yourself." She stated the clues.

"Wow, I didn't know you were the observant type." He chuckled lifting himself up to sit with her back against the bed.

"Yeah me neither." She said surprised by her own response. "Well to answer your question, just be honest about your feelings, be yourself." She shrugged.

"So I can tell her that her curves turned me on in her commando outfit?" He asked innocently.

"No! Oh god!" She exclaimed in disbelief. "Okay maybe don't be that honest with your feelings." She laughed. "Just make her...trust you." Frost fidgeted with her hands to form the right word.

"Oh okay, that makes sense." Ralph chimed happily.

"I am glad." Frost gently squeezed his hand reassuring him. "Well then, I will see you tomorrow." She stood up and turned about to leave when her feet came to a halt.

Her eyes burnt anger and frustration. She bore into Barry's eyes who stood there leaning against the frame with his arms crossed against his chest, and it seemed like he heard the entire conversation. He straightened himself slightly as he looked at Frost. His eyes softened as if apologizing without any communication. Frost understood but walked straight past, royally ignoring his plea. Barry sighed helplessly.