9. Broken Promises

Frost grabbed all her things and exited from her apartment. Locking the door, she sighed. Another day in which she had to face Barry Allen. If only Caitlin didn't make her promise to help Team Flash, she would've been long gone. Away from metahumans, away from Central City, away from Barry Allen.

.

.

.

.

Frost walked into the cortex only to find everyone crowding the panels, intensely staring at them.

"What's going on?" Frost asked cautiously.

"It's Godspeed." Cisco turned. "There as been sightings for his speed signature since morning." He informs.

"Okaay," Frost frowned. "Then why is he not in his spandex with the reporter?" Frost asked.

"Spandex?! How dare you? It's a suit made out of special leather and-" Cisco raged.

"We can't seem to track him because his signature is disappearing a couple of seconds after they appear." Harry informs cutting Cisco.

"So how do you plan on finding him?" She asked Barry.

"I-I...don't know exactly." He replied.

Harry thought for a second. "Cisco, is there a pattern in the locations that he is frequenting?" He asked.

"Man, what is with you and patterns?" Cisco mumbled to himself as he pinpointed his previous locations on the monitor. He gasped slightly. "There is a pattern. All the locations that he has picked are in a straight line starting from the outskirts to the middle of the city. He jumps 30 miles from the previous location." Cisco explained. "Which means his next location will be-" He transferred the map to the bigger screens.

"Kings Street in Downtown." Barry announces.

"And according to his signature, he stays at each location for about 10-15 seconds." Cisco chuckles. "Harry, you are a genius!" He exclaimed.

"Okay, so now we have the location, we have the duration. Now we have to make sure that you have enough time." Harry states as he looked at his watch. "He moves to the next location in approximately 30 minutes. And it was been 20 minutes since his last signature appeared." He pointed out.

"Which means he will be at Kings Street in about 10 minutes. And it will take you-" Cisco stops in confusion.

"10 seconds to get there." Barry confirms.

"I suggest you go there now, so you can catch him off guard." Harry suggested.

"You ready?" Barry asked Iris.

She took a deep breath and nodded.

Barry scooped Iris and zapped out of the cortex.

"I guess we are walking." Ralph whispered to Frost as they walked out of the cortex.

"Did you really expect the speedster to sweep you off your feet? That transport is only reserved for Iris." Frost scoffed.

Ralph smirked at her which she returned.

.

.

.

.

"Barry, get ready. It's almost time." Cisco warned.

"Right. We are all in position." Barry informs.

"Barry! I have eyes on Godspeed, east corner." Cisco says.

Barry looked at Iris one last time. She nodded slightly and in a matter of seconds, she was in front of Godspeed.