19. Chilled Blood

The clock struck 6. Caitlin excitedly closed her laptop and hopped off her chair. The previous day, she and Scott had planned a date at his place. Though she had a crappy day with the antidote she had to prepare, the date was one thing she was looking forward to throughout the day.

Without causing much attention to herself, she sneaked out of building, plus she had come in early so that compensated her work hours. After a drive of 20 minutes that felt like ages, she finally parked the car in his apartment parking. Containing her inner excitement, she calmly waited for the elevator and reached his apartment door. After she took a deep breath and waited for her cheeks to return back to normal from her blush, Caitlin knocked on the door.

Standing on her toes, she waited for him to open and let her in. When he did not open the door, her smile began to shrink. Keeping her hopes up, she knocked on the door again. This time, calling him as well.

"Scott?" Caitlin knocked 3 times.

Hearing no response, Caitlin took a step back and sighed. However, when she stepped back, her heels splashed into a liquid. Caitlin gasped as she looked down and found herself standing in a pool of blood. She noticed the direction it was coming from, his apartment.

Containing her panic, she froze the door knob and pushed it open. Not caring about the pool of blood surrounding various parts of the apartment, she frantically searched for him. "Scott? Scott!" Her voice echoed throughout the apartment.

Though the apartment was covered in darkness, with the help of the moonlight, Caitlin walked in the direction of the bloody footprints that led her behind the large couch. She stumbled as she saw his body sprawled across the floor, drenched in blood. "No!" She wailed, sliding against the couch into the puddle of blood.

Fisting the couch, she cried out loud looking at the gash that went across his chest. By the look of the wound, it was impossible that he would survive. Crawling to his body, she placed his head on her lap. Caitlin brushed away his hair that was covering his forehead. As she was mourning the loss of her friend, a chilled breath ran down her neck. She shivered, holding Scott's body close to her.

"Caitlin..." An eerie echoed through the room.

She frantically turned around, looking at the source of the voice. Suddenly, the cloaked figure appeared behind her. Caitlin faced the other way, sensing him. She closed her eyes shut in fear. "I told you I will kill you and everyone you love." Reaper manically whispered against her ear. His breath against her neck make her blood chill.

"Cait-lin." Scott stammered in her arms.

Surprised to see him conscious, Caitlin instantly opened her eyes and cupped his face.

"Scott?" She shook him. "Scott!"

"Cait. Cait?" Though she was responding to his calls, he didn't seem to hear her. All he did was repeat her same. "Cait? Cait!" A familiar voice, that was not Scott, screamed.

"Cait!"

Caitlin gasped, opening her eyes. When she finally adjusts to her setting, she noticed Barry crouched down in front of her with worry in his eyes. Caitlin looked around the room and found herself in the med bay with Eddie lying on the bed. She realized that she was in a similar position as yesterday.

"Caitlin? Are you okay?" Barry repeated as he held her hands in his.

"Huh?" She turned his attention to him.

"Are you okay? You were mumbling something. It looked like you were panicking." He described.

"Yeah, yeah," She spoke absent-mindedly while wiping the sweat off her forehead. "I-um..was having a nightmare." Caitlin admitted, closing her eyes and coming to a fact that it was not true.