Chapter Five

Chapter 5

  "That despicable Zuo Hong Ye," Shao Fei vents his anger out on the courtyard's swing set, having stormed out earlier to calm himself down, "Why didn't you give me a chance to explain? Why are you angry with me?"

The chains hanging from the swing on both sides clash, the noise piercing to his ears. Shao Fei glares at the way the swing shakes incessantly, muttering to himself. It's not as if he doesn't know how important Zuo Hong Ye's place is in Tang Yi's heart. How was it any of his business who the Young Tang Master dotes on, is biased towards, or cares about - so why did he feel so annoyed and upset?

"Hmph!"

Still, he really does feel upset!

Bam!

The innocent swing set is kicked another time.

"What is Officer Meng angry about?"

Jack walks out from the dark, with his hands playing with his sharp butterfly knife*.

"Everyone knows that Zuo Hong Ye doesn't hold back when she speaks. Besides, the perspectives of a police officer and the mob has always been different. Is there a need to be this angry?"

Even though Jack is the type of person who always has a smile hanging off his lips, someone who seems hard to get close to, he looks at Shao Fei who is currently considering his words and shooting confused looks in the direction of the main house, and continues, "Looks like you're not angry with Zuo Hong Ye, but more concerned with our boss. I'd like to remind Officer Meng, don't forget the reason why you're staying here. If you act on your impulses, you'll only ruin things. Goodnight."

Jack says his piece, then smiles and leaves the spacious courtyard, leaving behind Shao Fei with his eyebrows furrowed.

===

Shao Fei stands in the courtyard for a long time, and only sometime in the middle of night does he drags his numb legs back to the guest room on the second floor. Just as he pushes open the door and enters, he hears a voice coming from the dark, unlit room.

"I know what Hong Ye said, and I also know how much Lee Li Zhen means to you. I apologise on her behalf."

As quickly as Shao Fei tensed up, he relaxed just as fast as he recognised who the person was. Reaching out to hit at the light switches on the wall, switching on the big light on the ceiling. Looking at the Xing Tian Meng's leader who has been sitting here for who knows how long, Shao Fei waves him off.

"Forget it. If the person involved doesn't think she's in the wrong, then as an outsider, your apology is unnecessary."

"Hong Ye is the only person I can trust completely."

"I'm going to sleep now, please leave. Whoa-"

The more Tang Yi stresses on the bond between him and Zuo Hong Ye, Shao Fei feels increasingly frustrated and upset. So he might as well just go over to the bed, flip the sheets over and demand Tang Yi to leave, hoping that the man who's making him feel this annoyed can disappear from his sight. Suddenly, a hand grips onto his wrist and pulls.

"What are you doing?!"

Shao Fei ends up sprawled over the bed. He turns around and looks at the man who's sitting on him, stunned. Tang Yi is even pulling his shirt up high from the back. Holding onto a bottle of ointment made to treat bruises, Tang Yi shakes it before Shao Fei's eyes. "Applying ointment."

"I can do it myself."

"You're hurt on your back, how are you going to do it yourself? Lie properly."