Chapter Ten - End

Chapter 10

  Hospital

Jiang Jin Tang walks towards Tang Yi who is seated on the bench, and sighs, "You look like you're in worse shape than the one currently inside."

"Is... Is he okay?"

"He's not going to die anytime soon, but I severely suspect that Meng Shao Fei has issues elsewhere."

"Where?"

Jin Tang, who usually speaks ill of others with ease, says, "His brain!"

Tang Yi glares at the man clad in a white doctor's robe, and cannot be bothered to respond.

"That guy keeps getting hurt because of you, and he's the one who actually got shot, but the first thing he does after waking up is to worry about you, if this isn't brain damage, what else can it be?"

"..."

"Tang Yi, just because Meng Shao Fei didn't die the first two times doesn't mean he'll be so fortunate the third time. I don't want you to regret this for the rest of your life, so as your brother, there are still some things I have to say. Love is just like life itself. Sure it's beautiful, but it can also disappear at any time, so if you treasure this relationship, you have to let go of that burden in your heart. You can't keep putting him in a spot and making things difficult for him," Jin Tang says, somber and patting Tang Yi firmly on the shoulder.

"Okay, hurry in and go see him! If anything else happens, just look for me."

"Thank you."

Jin Tang shakes his head and smiles, then picks his vibrating phone out from his pocket.

"Be good, Tang Tang! I'm now in Mali and once everyone in the team and the equipment arrive, we'll set off. The first treasure I dig up I'll show to you first, you can't tell anyone, okay?"

As he watches the message Jiang Zhao Peng sent over, Jin Tang's lips curve into an indulgent smile.

Inside the ward, Shao Fei, who has already woken up and heard the conversation outside, immediately rips off tubes linked to the machine monitoring his vital signs. He closes his eyes and pretends that he's in a coma.

Beep——-

Tang Yi barely steps into the ward before the distress signal sounds, and the curved lines on the monitor screen visibly flatlines. Going white immediately, he rushes to the bed and just as he's about to press the button to ask for help, the person lying in bed hugs him around his waist.

"You're this worried about me?"

Tang Yi freezes in shock, and the hand reaching out for the button retracts. With a stern, angry look, he glares at Shao Fei, who is grinning and happy, "Aren't you a little too happy for an injured person?"

"Aren't you a little too angry for someone who's my boyfriend?"

"Hmph!"

Still chuckling, Shao Fei pulls at Tang Yi's sleeve, gesturing for him to sit at the side of his bed. Afraid that Shao Fei would tear out his stitches, Tang Yi does not dare resist and can only sit down, his bad mood apparent on his face. Shao Fei touches lightly at Tang Yi's wrists where the metal handcuffs sit.

"Don't be angry, it's a reflex for me to try and snatch a gun, or put myself in the way of a bullet. I'm a police officer, after all."

"I'm angry at myself," Tang Yi frowns, holding onto Shao Fei's icy hands.

"Then it's better for you to be angry at me! Even if we had to do this again, I would still do the same thing."

"I know you've been trying to stop me from killing others."