Epilogue - Tang Yi & Shao Fei

N Years Later, Shi Hao Corporation's Building

A secretary, wearing high heels and dressed in a sharp blazer and pencil skirt ensemble, holds onto a freshly printed contract for a construction project and walks into the meeting room.

She bends slightly, standing next to the CEO and says softly, "Boss, this is the second version of the contract, if I could trouble you to check it over?"

"Nnn, just leave it here and I'll have a look at it later. And also, make an appointment with Boss Chen for tomorrow evening at 7pm later, at..."

The man, clad in a sleek suit, simultaneously gives his secretary her tasks while listening to each department manager reporting on their respective progress. Suddenly, from the man's jacket pocket comes the sound of a phone's vibrations, and all the subordinates seated nearer to him all gesture to the other people in the room with their gazes and mouths after realising what is going on. At that, even the department manager currently giving his presentation ceases to speak, as he points the controller at the screen projector to pause his timed presentation.

"Ex-boss, Captain Meng has gotten injured, and he's already been sent to Dr Jiang's private hospital."

"Nnn."

The man immediately stands from his seat after ending the call and straightens out the wrinkles in his shirt before walking out of the silent meeting room with an upset expression on his face. Only when the CEO has entirely disappeared from their line of vision does everyone exhale nervously, as if a ban has just been lifted with the man's departure.

"Whew.... Let the boys know to go over to Dr Jiang's hospital and stay there, don't let Boss or Captain Meng run into any more problems."

After so many years of working on reforming Xing Tian Meng, the Xing Tian Meng that existed in the underworld no longer exists, and while it is entirely unavoidable that they still have some influence there, major departments in the company have actively tried not to step into the dealings of the underworld again.

"Should we call CEO Zuo to come back and take over?"

The department manager who was interrupted and forced to pause halfway through his presentation directs the question at the people seated nearest to him, looking at the projector.

"You fucking-"

Used to using these profanities to start any sentence, the man who just spoke automatically trails off. He glares at the department manager instead.

Coughing awkwardly, he says, "Do you want to die? Even if CEO Zuo said yes, Brother Dao Yi will never agree to it."

Everyone else nods fervently.

That's right, CEO Zuo and Brother Dao Yi finally got pregnant after much difficulty three years after they got married, and seeing as she was expected to be due in a few days, who would dare to ask CEO Zuo to come back to the office to handle work at this point? The Boss getting angry was one thing, but first they would have to go through Brother Dao Yi.

Geez! Just thinking about it makes everyone shiver and break out in cold sweat.

"Forget it, let's settle the items that do not need the Boss' final decision first, and the rest, we'll wait for the boss to come back."

"You're right."

Everyone present in the room is at the managerial level, so they immediately come up with a replacement for today's agenda and continue with Shi Hai Corporation's scheduled meeting while waiting for the boss, even if they don't know when he'll actually come back.