Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

  Inside the abandoned warehouse

Chen Wen Hao and Tang Yi have their guns trained on each other, and at the same time, they are staring at Shao Fei in shock, who just said 'Chen Wen Hao is your father'.

"Don't panic, the evidence is in my pocket."

Shao Fei holds up both his hands, and then slowly reaches into the pocket of his jacket with one, pulling out two pieces of paper folded together, and looks at Tang Yi and Chen Wen Hao.

"One of these is the birth certificate from the hospital, and the other is the note you wrote to Li Zhen-jie."

Chen Wen Hao's expression morphs entirely, and then he turns to his henchmen and says, "All of you go outside and wait for me."

The men guarding Chen Wen Hao's safety put down their guns and then head outside to the open space outside of the warehouse.

"The both of you put down your guns first, so you won't regret in case you misfire, and then listen to me finish speaking, okay?"

Both men in confrontation with each other exchange looks, and then keep their weapons at the same time.

Shao Fei heaves a sigh of relief, and continues explaining, "I found these two things in Li Zhen-jie's belongings, and I also went to Tang Yi's adoptive father to confirm it. Tang Yi, you were born on 21st October 1990, and Chen Wen Hao, you began serving your sentence in February 1990, and when Li Zhen-jie went to visit you, the date was 17th May 1990."

Realising what this means, Chen Wen Hao's eyes go wide, and he mumbles, "It cannot be... this is impossible... Li Zhen told me she aborted our child, so it can't be..."

In the third month of pregnancy, the mother will begin to feel nauseous and most due dates are calculated 266 days after confirmation of the pregnancy date, that means if Li Li Zhen was already pregnant before Chen Wen Hao entered prison, then the expected due date indeed would have fallen somewhere in October.

Chen Wen Hao rushes over suddenly, gripping at Shao Fei's shirt collar tight, "Are you using this to make me spare Tang Yi because you knew Li Zhen visited me in jail before?"

Shao Fei is almost entirely breathless from the tight grip, but still continues with his answer, the closest thing to the truth after piecing all the clues together, "I don't know what Li Zhen-jie said to you in jail when she met you, all I know is that after she visited you, she applied for a year long break, and this is unusual for a workaholic like her."

"And after she returned to her post, she never once applied for long leaves and did not get married either, so there's only one possibility left. Tang Yi, is yours and Li Zhen-jie's son."

"Son... I have a son... a son..." Chen Wen Hao repeats dumbly, loosening his grip on Shao Fei's shirt collar.

As if juxtaposing Chen Wen Hao's helplessness at this moment, Tang Yi seems as cold and calm as he always is, "So what if this is true?"

"Tang Yi, Li Zhen-jie may not be a good mother, but she was loving you in her own way. When you ran away from home when you were 12, she immediately went South to search for you, but still lost all clues of where you went."

Tang Yi's lips curve up in a sneer, "I only have three family members in this life. My adoptive mother, Tang-ye and Hong Ye. Everyone else are unrelated strangers to me."

"Tang Yi..." Shao Fei softly calls his name, his heart aching as he looks at Tang Yi's expression, trying to suppress the pain.

"Tang-ye is the most important person in my life, he is my father... and you, you're only a murderer who took him away from my side!"