Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

  The act of handing Li Zhi De over to the police force led to the emergence of dissenting voices within Xing Tian Meng, and even the elders that were initially approving of the reform were beginning to shift towards a neutral position, stopping the biddings that were proceeding at hand.

Jack is walking towards the spot where he parked the car, and suddenly, someone emerges from behind a pillar and stops him in his tracks.

"Chen-ye would like to speak to you."

After coldly shooting the man a glance, Jack gets into the other's car and is brought to a tea house. Jack walks inside, and as expected, he sees a man with a scar on the right side of his cheek — Chen Wen Hao.

"I didn't expect Chen-ye's invitation."

"When it comes to talented people, even if I have to personally make the trip, I will," Chen Wen Hao pours a cup of tea for the other, and Jack raises the cup in a sign of respect for the man, before drinking it.

"Liang Dian, based on your intellect, you should have long established your own gang."

"..."

Jack shudders, the sensation coming straight from his chest, and looks at the old, scheming fox before him without the slightest change in his expression. Fang Liang Dian, that is his real name, and the people who know this name are mostly dead already. From this, he can see that Chen Wen Hao has indeed gone to great lengths to obtain this information.

"I don't know what you're talking about," the ends of his lips curve up in a smile as he picks up the teapot and pours a second cup of tea for himself.

"Tang Yi spared no efforts in sending his own subordinate to the police, is such a person still worthy of being followed? Aren't you afraid of becoming a second Zhi De?" Chen Wen Hao says as he looks at the young man before him, sliding a document filled with a list across the table.

"This is everything Wang Kun Cheng has in Taiwan, I can hand them all over to you."

The red-haired man plays with the black leather gloves he has in his palms and without looking at the contents of the document, he returns, "How immense these benefits are, but... what do I have to exchange with Chen-ye?"

"You're indeed interesting," he answers, his eyes filled with impress at Jack, "I want Xing Tian Meng and Shi Hai Corporations' data on their flow of funds, their current client lists, and also their proceeding bidding cases, as detailed as you can get them."

"Aside from Tang Yi and Zuo Hong Ye, even Gu Dao Yi may not fully have a grip on all these you mentioned, Chen-ye, don't you think that your exchange offer of Wang Kun Cheng's power in Taiwan lacks sincerity?"

Jack raises an eyebrow, and bored, he takes out his butterfly knife and begins to flip it in his hands. A young henchman immediately steps up to stop him upon seeing this, but Chen Wen Hao interrupts him.

"Speaking to me with this attitude, aren't you afraid that I'll kill you?"

"Since Chen-ye is the one with a request, he can surely be like Liu Bei, and lower his position humbly to obtain what he wants."*

Chen Wen Hao pats at the surface of the table, and loudly says, "Good, I did not place my bet on the wrong person! Liang Dian, Xing Tian Meng's pool is too small, and it is a pity for you to stay here. You should come and discuss the Cambodian business with us."

"Okay," Jack smiles at Chen Wen Hao, the movement of the butterfly knife in his hands coming to a stop.