~1~

George pov

Buzz
Buzz
Buzz

I picked up my phone and swiped on the green phone icon. Karl was calling me.

"Hello?" i answered while I wrote notes on my science journal, i listened to the sound of my bestfriend shuffling around his bed befor answering.

"Hey Georgie!"

"Yes karl?"

"You wanna come over? We can play minecraft maybe study for our science exam?"

I thought for a second befor answering. Ill have to bring work clothes for tomorrow and makesure my cat is taken care of. Why not, What's the worst that can happen?

"Sure ill come over"

Karl laughed softly into the phone.

"You just miss your cuddle buddy" i teased the brunette and i could almost hear Karl rolling his eyes, "your my bestfriend and yes I do miss you" i chuckled befor hanging up and getting my backpack.

Me and Karl have been friends since we were kids therefore i never had a problem sleeping in the same bed as him or cuddling him cause i grew up doing so.

I grabbed mu vans and slipped them on befor grabbing my backpack and walking out of my room, "I got everything right?" I thought out loud "oh shit- my phone!" I laughed befor grabbing my phone off the counter and leaving the house.

The cold October air sent a shiver running through the my body, maybe leaving at night when its cold wasnt very smart. Should have grabbed my jacket.

I put in my ear buds and started playing one of my Playlist as i walked down the sidewalk of my house to town.

"Are you serious?!"  huffed as i saw a riot blocking the streets that got me to karls house faster. "ugh.. Ill just go around in the ally and circle around the other side" i rolled my eyes and started walking again.

Right befor i entered the ally way i had to pass a different one, i glanced down and saw three figures, after looking at them for a sec trying to see what they were doing.

Looking closer i realized that the two figures were stabbing the other, one turned his head and looked dead at me.

I bolted down the sidewalk but i know im caute.

I walked faster and into the ally way that would take me straight to karls house. Please god tell me his door is unlocked.

I felt an uneasy feeling run through me with a jolt, im gonna call Karl...just to be safe. Just to be safe.

Buzz
Bu-

"Hey Georgie! You almost here?"

"Jesus Karl, you can't just shout into the phone like that" i laughed befor placing Karl on speaker phone.

"Haha sorry George, you almost here im lonly" Karl let out a fake pout into the phone, i rolled his eyes with a smile.

I felt so much safer being on call with him.

I opened my mouth to respond but paused when i heard footsteps behind me. After a second a pair of footsteps trailed off.

Two people..? I thought to himself. Wtf?

Then i realized the way the footsteps went would lead them around and if the first ones stayed behind me, i would be cornered if they circled around to infront of me.

"Karl...im almost there" i muttered into the mic "Georgie? Are you ok? You sound scared, ill wait outside if you want me to."

I didn't respond. I saw someone probably the one that trailed off earlier, they walked out infront of me in the narrow ally.