Blue Sharingan

''Well here it is... a copy of the ultrasound,'' Tsunade said, still not believing it even though she had performed it herself.

Naruto sat in Tsunade's private examination room and took the picture with trembling hands. He was torn by a torrent of different emotions. Fear: this was completely unheard of and he had no idea how he would go through this. Happiness: he had always wanted a family, but he had accepted the fact he would never have one long ago, when he first realized he was in love with Sasuke. This was a god-given gift to have his very own family. Anxiety: Sasuke... Sasuke didn't want children.

He clearly remembered that serious talk with Sasuke when they decided they wanted to bring their relationship to the next level. They were now engaged and very serious about spending the rest of their lives together. Naruto had reminded Sasuke's old dream about rebuilding his clan, but Sasuke had quickly brushed it off, saying the Uchiha line and its Sharingan was cursed, and that he wanted it to disappear.

Well, looks like it wasn't going to disappear after all.

Naruto swallowed thickly.

''Granny... what if he doesn't accept my pregnancy?'' Naruto asked almost in a whisper, eyes beginning to water. Tsunade pursed her lips together in worry; she hated seeing Naruto like this. She put a comforting hand on his knee and squeezed it gently.

''Sasuke loves you so much Naruto. I know in my heart that he will always be there for you, and I'm sure you know it too,'' she added a smile for his sake, but knew how delicate all of this was. For his health, his career, for his relationship...

Naruto nodded shakily and put the picture back into the file. He rose from his seat.

''He'll be back from his mission at any moment now. I better go so I can tell him as soon as possible.''

''Are you sure? You could stay here to calm down a little.'' Naruto shook his head. ''Do you want me to come with you, then?'' Tsunade suggested.

''Thanks, granny,'' Naruto smiled a little, drying his eyes with the back of his sleeve. He had been strangely emotional these past few weeks. At least now he knew the reason why. ''but I'd rather be alone with him.''

*

''I'm home!'' Sasuke called out when he entered the house he and Naruto had bought recently. As per usual, Sasuke took off his combat vest and put it in the entrance closet and took off his forehead protector.

''Welcome back,'' Naruto said from the living room.

Sasuke blinked curiously at Naruto's strangely subdued voice. It sound very unlike him. He walked casually to the living room to find Naruto sitting meekly on the couch, looking down at his lap and fondling nervously with his fingers. Sasuke frowned worriedly and sat down beside his intended.

''Hey,'' Sasuke said before taking Naruto's chin between his fingers and giving him a tender kiss. ''What's wrong?'' Naurto looked back at him with anxious blue eyes then looked back down towards the low table. That's when Sasuke noticed the thin file on it.

''I went to see Tsunade earlier,'' Naruto started, taking the file into his hands. Sasuke recalled Naruto telling him he would do so, seeing as he had been feeling sick lately. Sasuke's eyes widened in realization. Was Naruto's sickness a lot worse than they had suspected?