27 - Don't Act So Clueless

y/n pov

I was busy explaining the things I saw to the group, the things that Taehyung showed me. Before, I only quickly explained to them what happened to me but it wasn't the time to go really into detail. They were longer in discussion about whether it was really true or not.

      'Let's just go our own ways, no need for any violence or blood shed' Yoongi concluded

All of the boys nodded.

It was probably for the best but I also found it hard not to feel sad about it.

It would mean I would never see the Others again, the ones that came back to protect me because a murderous psychopath was after me. 

It was a different species, aliens, but I was able to build connections with them.

I was very deep in thought but soon felt a hand on my shoulder

       'y/n, what do you think?' Yoongi asked me in a soft voice

I was about to answer when I heard a different voice behind me

        'y/n, can I talk to you for a moment?'

It was Taehyung and to be honest I was a little surprised he was here

         'she isn't going alone with you' Yoongi sneered at him

I sighed and put my hand on Yoongi's arm 

   'It's okay, I trust him. Please trust me' I pleaded and Yoongi sighed in defeat. 

I followed Taehyung to the other side of the shop.

       'How is it going, is Jungkook alright?' I asked and Taehyung gazed at me for a while. Sometimes I wished I was able to read his mind, in my language that is.

        'It is not easy for him, but we came to an agreement. I wanted to discuss it with you so you can talk to your group about it'

A silence fell, as I waited in anticipation to hear his plan.

         'We can take you as far as Jeonju, out of reach of Seung Cheol, after that you can continue your way to Jeju' Taehyung explained clearly.

I forgot I even told him about Jeju, it was only yesterday but so much had happened.

       'Where are you going though, after I mean?' I asked, it wasn't necessarily related to this but I was and had been curious about it

      'We need to report to my father, he is a high ranking general.'

        'oh' I let out. I didn't even know about it. His father was someone in power, how would he react if he ever found out his children were helping humans?

       'He is in Jeonju?' I asked as a logical conclusion from his proposition.

Taehyung shook his head 'in Daegu'

      'But that is east and not south' I questioned confused, it wasn't entirely in the same direction.

      'yes I am aware, but we have the device that lets us know where the others are and Seung Cheol group is too big, you won't stand a chance if you encounter them.' Taehyung explained. 

I let that one sink in, Taehyung was right about it, we wouldn't stand a chance with five against fifteen, but in a way that wasn't his problem anymore.

      'Why would you take such a detour only to help us?' I eventually let out puzzled.

Taehyung sighed a little irritated.

       'not "us", you... don't act so clueless y/n'

        'I- I am sorry' I stuttered a bit embarrassed; he surely was very direct in his communication.

        'Can you talk to your group about our proposition?' he asked me, kind of ignoring my apology.

       'I will' I said gratefully andwith that I returned to my group. 

       'So what did he want?' Yoongi asked with his arms crossed

        'They propose to continue the way together until Jeonju, so that we are out of reach of Seung Cheol. Then they will continue their own way and we will too'

They all looked at me with a clear distrust in their eyes.

         'What if they propose this only because when we trust them it's easier for them to kill us and capture you again?' Hoseok asked and all of them nodded in a sort of agreement, like it was a possible reason.

This time my patience truly seemed to run out

         'they are not all murderous creatures okay?! They aren't so different from us and I wish you all could be a little bit more open minded!' I exclaimed and this time they stared at me perplexed by this sudden outburst. 

I was almost at the verge of telling them that Taehyung only did this because he cared for me, but I also didn't want to say that either.

Firstly, I was afraid they would only see it more as a reason for Taehyung to kidnap me and secondly the last thing I wanted was tensions between Yoongi and Taehyung who were the two leaders of both groups that I tried to unite.

No, it would surely be a bad idea.

        'You sure we can trust them?' Jin asked me in a soft voice and I nodded 'we can'

       'It would be better to be with more considering that other group is way bigger' Yoongi agreed

       'plus it would be interesting to get to know their kind a bit more, we never truly interacted with them' Namjoon said.

      'alright let's do it' Hoseok concluded and I was happy they were finally convinced by it.

The following day I woke up in the grocery store. We decided to take a rest considering everything that happened and sleep there. It was still clear that The Others slept at one side in the store and we slept at the other.

I slept like shit I will admit. It was a lot to process to have everyone back in one group and the entire night I had been thinking about it.

However, we were soon on the road again and Yoongi was leading the group. It was just like in the store, the division I mean. Yoongi, hoseok, jin and Namjoon were in front. Me and Zhora in the middle and Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook in the back.

I was too tired to really chit chat with Zhora plus the whole atmosphere was a little tense and awkward. 

An hour later Taehyung was walking on my other side.

     'hey y/n are you alright? You look a unwell' he asked

      'I am fine, I didn't sleep a lot' I answered taehyung with a soft smile

      'Did you have a nightmare again?' he asked with worry in his eyes

I shook my head 'no it's not that, it was just a very eventful day. but I hope tonight will be better'

Taehyung reached for his bag and gave me a bar of chocolate, like he had done before.

It was pretty endearing that he probably at some point learnt that humans ate this to feel better and considering I accepted it last time he also understood I liked it.

I took it and smiled 'Thank you taehyung'

Taehyung smiled widely with his eyes and for a moment the tension seemed to be gone.

However, when I turned forwards again, I felt a pair of eyes on me and as I looked ahead, I saw how Yoongi had turned his head back at us.