Chapter 2

Chapter Two:

“Nice to meet you Zayn. I see you like tattoos, that’s quite fascinating. I’d get tattoos but I’m not legal yet. My mum would never let me get art on my body at such a young age.” I shook my head, “Harry, you are a bloody idiot.” I sighed and looked back up at the large mirror in my bathroom. I had been trying to figure out how to talk to Zayn all morning. No matter what I said or how I said it I just sounded like I was absolutely mental.

I put on my game face and looked into the mirror once more, “Hey Zayn, sorry about staring at you yesterday. I didn’t mean to offend you I just found your tattoos quite remarkable.” I smiled, “It wasn’t so bad that time. Good job Haz!” I shook my head once more knowing that I had driven myself over the edge about talking to Zayn. It took me hours to fall asleep because I just couldn’t get my mind off of him. I didn’t think that there was any way that he was as bad as Louis had said. If Zayn was really like that then he would’ve cut my throat just for looking at him like that. Not that I was looking at him in a bad way but he probably thought I was judging him. Today was going to be different though. I was going to talk to him and clear up any issues that we might have had the day before.

“Harry! You’re going to be late for school!”

I ran down the stairs with my backpack and saw my mum standing in the kitchen. I sat down at the counter and she handed me some toast. “Thanks mum.” I took a bite out of it and looked at the clock on the kitchen wall. I had 5 minutes until I had to leave for school.

“Sweetie, I have a lot to do today after work and it’s supposed to be quite chilly so I want you to take the car to school. I can’t have you walking home in a blizzard.”

I looked up at her, “What car are you going to take then?”

“I’m taking your father’s car. He’s hanging out with some friends from the office after work so someone is going to pick him up here for work.”

I shrugged, “Alright.”

I finished my last bite of toast and got up. My mum handed me the keys and I gave her a kiss on the cheek before walking out the door. The drive to school was pretty quick. I couldn’t stop thinking about talking to Zayn and before I knew it I was parking the car. I quickly got out and went to my locker and just like every morning my best friends were there.

“I’m telling you Liam, if you want to ask her out then just go for it. She’s not going to say no.”

I looked at Louis, “Where’s Niall? And who does Liam want to ask out?”

He gave me a pouty face and said, “Niall is sick and his mum made him stay home. And Liam over here wants to ask out some girl from another school. I think her name is Winter or something.”

Liam rolled his eyes, “Her name is Summer and she’s wonderful. I met her at the coffee house last night.”

“I think you should ask her out Liam. You could use someone in your life.”

“Thanks Haz. Louis over here is telling me to do it so I can get laid.”

Louis shrugged, “There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting laid.”

“Is that why you’re dating Niall?”

Louis grabbed Liam by the collar of his shirt and said, “Don’t you ever say that. I love Niall.”

Liam put his hands up in defense, “Calm down man. I was just messing around. We all know that you’ve been crushing on Niall for years.”

A big smile came across Louis’ face, “He’s just so perfect.”