Chapter 23.

Woop woop! I finished two chapters in one week! I’m on fire! Lol. Well I hope you all like this chapter as well as the last one! I love you all very very much and ONLY TWO CHAPTERS LEFT!!! Enjoy! Love, Sami <3

Chapter Twenty Three:

Zayn’s POV:

There was a look of pure shock on Harry’s face when I mentioned falling in love. This was exactly the type of thing that I was trying so hard to avoid but clearly I didn’t do a very good job at it. I had no idea what he was thinking at that moment. His face was pretty much emotionless if you didn’t count the shock and I just wished that he would say something. Whether it was him telling me that he wasn’t ready for that step in our relationship or if it was him just forgetting it ever happened it wouldn’t matter to me. Of course I would prefer him to say that he felt the same way about me but I didn’t expect that from him. If he had said that same thing to me though I would probably be the one looking like I had just seen a demon. A few moments had passed and I didn’t know what to do so I did what my instincts told me to do. Run.

I quickly got out of the car and ran for it. I knew that running probably wasn’t the best thing to do at a moment like this but I didn’t want to hear the rejection that I knew was coming. I just didn’t think I could handle such a thing at the moment and I figured Harry didn’t want to see me just sitting there staring at him like a complete idiot. I went to the one place that I had been running to since I was younger. Thankfully we weren’t too far from the park and I could see the bridge coming into view. The closer I got the more safe I felt and when I reached it I threw myself to the ground and put my face into my hands.

“What were you thinking Zayn? You’re so fucking stupid!” I picked up a rock and threw it at the wall across from me.

I felt tears starting to form in my eyes and crying was definitely something I didn’t want to do again. I wiped the tears away and pulled a cigarette out of the pocket in my jacket. I quickly lit it and took a long drag and slowly exhaled. I knew that smoking would probably kill me one day but honestly I didn’t even know how I would go about quitting. I took all of my stress away and stress seemed to be a big part of my life. I leaned my head back against the cold wall of the bridge and closed my eyes.

I was caught off guard when I heard Harry’s voice only inches from my body, “You know I’m falling too.”

I slowly looked up at him, “What?”

He shrugged, “I’m falling too. I’ve been falling for you ever since that first day you walked into class and sat next to me.” He walked towards me and sat down, “You kinda scared me a bit at first but I knew that there was a different side to you than you were letting on. I saw something else.”

“What else could you have possibly seen?”

“Well you seemed to be so confident and full of yourself. The way that you carry yourself is unbelievably stunning. I was taken aback by you. I tried so hard to not look at you but it proved to be a very difficult thing to do. Then when I saw your tattoos I thought they were awesome and I looked a bit closer and saw those scars.” He paused and slowly shook his head, “I couldn’t believe that someone that looked to be so full of themselves would be so hurt on the inside. And I could tell that there was a whole other side to you. That’s when I decided that it was going to be my goal to get you to talk to me. I almost gave up a few times but I was just to intrigued by you that I couldn’t stay away. And that day that we were in the park and I told you that I wanted to smoke with you.” He closed his eyes and a big smile spread across his face. “I looked like such a fool but I knew that moment got you to trust me even just a tiny bit. I knew at that point that I was going to get you to be in my life somehow. I didn’t know if you were gonna be a friend or an acquaintance or even a boyfriend but I knew that I wanted to get you to open up. And I guess you decided that you wanted the same.”