Chapter 6

Chapter Six:

As I walked into school on Wednesday morning I wasn’t completely dreading being there. I was kind of on edge but for some reason I had a good feeling about today. I had talked to my mum the night before after I had gotten home from dropping Zayn off and we had quite an interesting conversation.

(Flashback)

I walked through the front door of the house and hung my coat and scarf in the closet. I was about to head up to my room when I heard my mum yell, “Harry! Is that you?”

I sauntered into the kitchen and saw her sitting at the table with a smile on her face. I smiled back at her, “Hey mum. What’s up?”

“I got off of work early and was just wondering where you had gone.”

I shrugged, “Just went to the park after school.”

She raised her eyebrow, “Isn’t it a bit cold to be reading outside Harold?”

I chuckled, “It’s not that cold out there and besides I was just meeting up with a friend.”

“A friend?”

I nodded, “Yea. A friend.”

“I’m sure you and the boys could’ve come over here instead of just staying out in the snow. You know how much I adore your friends.”

“It wasn’t any of them. You don’t know him.”

Her eyes got wide, “You’re making new friends?! Tell me all about them sweetie!”

I rolled my eyes, “It’s just one person mum and it’s not that big of a deal. He’s just some guy.”

My voice got a bit softer when I said that last sentence and of course she had to go and notice it. “You like him, don’t you?”

“What?! No!”

She gave me that ‘I know you’re not telling me something but you know I’ll figure it out even if you don’t tell me’ look that she always gave me.

I sighed, “Ok. Fine. I might have a tiny thing for him.”

She smiled, “Tell me about him! Details! Does he like you back?”

“I honestly doubt it.”

“Have you asked him?”

I shook my head, “No. He doesn’t even really think of me as a friend yet.”

“Hmm…well what’s his name?”

“Zayn.”

“That’s such a cute name! Invite him over for dinner tomorrow night.”

“No. That’s definitely not going to happen.”

She stood up and put her hands on her hips, “Harold Edward Styles, you ask this boy to come over for dinner tomorrow or you’re grounded.”

I yelled, “What?! Mum! That’s not fair!”

“Do it!”

I groaned, “Fine but when he doesn’t want to talk to me anymore I’m blaming you.”

She smiled, “Ok.” Then she walked out of the kitchen leaving me defeated.

(End of Flashback)