The little kitten

After Tenshi came out of the next village with new supplies she internally roasted herself for not buying clothes and toiletries in the last village. Fortunately she realised before to late and stopped by the Arashi village to get some more stops. They were a poor village so barely anyone questioned her.

Looking around the trees she tensed as she heard sniffling. 'Don't go, it could be a trap.' Her logical mind whispered. But when has she ever been logical? Not when it matters.

Walking towards the sound she activated her sensory to see the chakra signature when she's near. She was under no dilution that if this person was strong enough they could bypass her senses. And even if her body now looked five-six thanks to the physical enhances by the system a decent shinobi won't let there guard down.

The chakra signature was small but shaking. Finally reaching the destination she saw a small boy with spiky brown hair, tanned skin and brown eyes. He was around six years old and bleeding from the side.

He looked up at her in fear and she suppressed a flinch. 'Who would do this to a kid?' Shinobi of course. Slowly taking out some bandages from her pocket she rolled them over to him. If he was important enough to kill then he should know first aid.

And he did. Looking up at her after treating the injury he looked bewildered. "Why'd ya help me? You must be one sheltered clan kid to do that." He spoke to her as if she were an idiot.

Tenshi's eye twitched. Did this kid have no gratefulness for her help? She breathed out knowing that he was just a child while she was an adult. "What happened to you?" She said in her calmest voice.

He shrugged lightly. "Family got into conflict with some big clan and they want us gone. Happens all the time kid. By the way, names Hakuun, guess I owe you it after all." He eyed my small rucksack. "That all you got?"

She gripped the bag tighter. "I got it from the nearby village. I could point you to it if that's what you want."

Hakuun was about to reply before he hissed and clutched his side. "Knew I shouldn't have skimmed over the medical knowledge book."

She sighed lightly. "Names Tenshi and I'm going towards the Le village. It's a safe point so you should be able to get some better medicine their." Of course it's not fully safe but one of the better villages.

By the look on the kids face he probably didn't want to be alone so he nodded and came along. "Sure but I ain't got no money so we have to stop by the old treasury." He said that as if he almost believed that it wasn't completely looted.

Shaking her head she walked north. "Don't bother. You owe me for the bandages so paying for you fully just leaves you in the same dept. Besides, I'm rich so I can afford it. All you have to do is give me information about what's going on."

He quickly followed her and contemplated the decision with a cat like interest. Sly and cunning bastard at six years old? Wow, the shinobi world has outdone themselves. "It's a deal little miss. Sides' can't leave a kid with no protection."

Her eye twitched again. If anyone was the kid it was him! Luckily the village was about thirty minutes away for civilian speeds so they got their quickly.

Putting on a cloak to hide her appearance she gave one to Hakuun as well. He may not stand out like her but he is from a targeted clan so it's better safe than sorry.

The medical stand was full and their was no way we would get anything good. Looking at Hakuun it would be bad if we waited any longer. "Do you know the mystic palm jutsu." She asked with a sigh.

He gave her an odd look. "I know the basics but the controls ridiculous. It's impossible to learn without a month of practice."

Well that would be the case if you weren't a gamer. "It's alright, just tell me what you know and the fundamentals." She said with a smile.

Hakuun went over the basics with her and she had to admit that it was hard. One wrong move and a tenketsu point is gone.

___________________________
.                                                                        .
New skill: Mystic Palm
Full effect: 2.6%
.                                                                         .
___________________________

She could only heal so much but it worked out in the end. They managed to get a spot after about a day and get full treatment. It was really expensive though. ¥5000 isn't much in a way but it's a lot in times like these. Understandably as well, medics are a rare type but it's not like she'll become one. She has good control but has no will to be some side character with abilities like these.

Turning to the cat child he grinned as they got into fighting stances. A spar would be good and tell her were she's at and improve her skills.

Tenshi ducked as Hakuun tried to round house kick her. She retaliated with punching his leg with a chakra infused punch. It didn't do to much but she didn't expect it to. Pushing a punch the side with palm she hit a tenketsu point in his shoulder. It didn't block it of completely as she has yet to unlock her Byakugan but regardless she still has it. Her visual prowess can't be ignored.

Hakuun looked momentarily surprised but didn't stop his attack. He grabbed my wrist and swiped her legs pushing her arm between her spine. "You win." She mumbled in annoyance.

He grinned and let her go. "Well I am awesome." What a cheeky child!

Grabbing a futon from the inventory but making it seem like it was from her rucksack and threw it to him. "Shut it and get some sleep Koneko." Tenshi smiled as Hakuun looked highly offended by the new nickname. Anyone would be when getting called 'kitten' by the person you just beat.

He scoffed and grabbed the futon before laying it out and lying down. She did the same and thanked foresight for buying three futons incase one gets dirty.

Later into the night Hakuun whispered. "My family is all gone Tenshi. What am I going to do?" He said in despair. Poor kid lost everything and was taken in by someone his age, he mustn't have had a lot of options.

She turned to him and replied. "Live. Live so that your family will be in peace knowing that you will carry on your name but never lose yourself to the past. It's a dark path." She said softly.

Hakuun nodded slightly and closed his eyes. "You speak like an old women who's seen it all." He mumbled reverting back to his bastard self. This time, however, she didn't mind it as much.

AN

If anyone is wondering why Hakuun so easily went along with Tenshi it's because he didn't have anything left so even if she was an enemy he could only trust her. He's ten and still naive even if he has seen a lot. As for Tenshi helping him while not knowing his intentions she is a women from our world and has just came into existence. Her morals wouldn't allow her to leave a child in such bad conditions.

18/01/2022