Smile, laugh and ignore

Yoake no ji was a beautiful place. If you could look past the dead bodies, sick people and the arrogant nobility then yeah, an ideal vacation spot.

"Huhhhhh."

"Jun if you sigh one more time they won't find your body."

"Who is 'they'?"

"Death."

There was a pause before Jun spoke up. "So basically the system."

Hakuun watched on as they continued to bicker. He didn't understand what they were saying but chose not to question it. Tenshi was his benefactor after all and he could not afford to question her.

He doubts her sometimes. She is a strange girl who has the Byakugan and little to no family history with the Hyuga. He knows what his clan whispered about when they thought no one could here them.

Children and adults disappearing. Of course they were at war but there should have been a trace. It turns out that one of the neutral clans that had an alright relationship with them and the Senju had found out this has been happening to all three clans. If so then maybe it was happening to more.

There was a group that went to the victims last known location. His father, a second cousin, two Senju shinobi and a Kunoichi. They were all skilled in espionage and sabotage. At the end of the mission his second cousin and one Senju shinobi ended up dead while the rest were wounded.

He didn't know much but he heard the report. A strange man in monk robes had beat them but was in critical condition himself. He had very powerful guards that did not seem to be human.

And Hakuun isn't a fool. He knows that the girl that man kept in a containment cell looked scarily like Tenshi. The thing is is that the girl in the report was four. And Tenshi? Well...for a second, when she was unconscious, he could've sworn she had gotten smaller.

Hakuun is a Hatake though. And Hatake are loyal, even if that loyalty could be there downfall. So he shall turn a blind eye to truth this time.

"I just got an int point!" Jun yelled as Tenshi smacked him across the head lightly.

"I swear to kami that you will be the death of us all with your yelling. But I got one as well. I don't recall you saying intelligent an intelligent thing that entire conversation so something I must've said got us the point."

"Why you-"

And then they say something like that and Hakuun has to wonder if Tenshi one day set him down to explain what they meant, would he even be able to wrap his head around the concept? They speak of entity that shows themselves only to them. It is confusing and terrifying. A higher being that cannot be seen.

Well, in the end he doesn't really care. He'll focus on what he needs to and right now that's the mystery that is his only friend.

"Hakuun, we are nearly at the village gates." Tenshi said as she grabbed a dango out thin air and started eating.

Hakuun felt his eyebrow twitch. He's trying to solve a mystery and another one appears in front of him. Again, he will just ignore that. Giving a sigh in response Hakuun turned on all his Hatake intelligence

Ok, first of let's start small. The name 'Tenshi' is a good place to start. The meaning is Angel yet it's not a real name. You can name a child that but it sounds lazy and undone. Besides, that name sounds like it will provoke fury in a person at the thought of actual divinity.

It was around a three hundred years ago when religion started getting genuine hatred. He doesn't know why but apparently people wanted whatever they worshiped to actually appear in front of them.

Many people started sacrifices to appease the god's to show themselves. It started small at pigs, chicken and goats but like all things in this world it escalated to humans. It introduced a dark age of sorts of sacrifices. It died down after five years but the damage had been done. Religion was abandoned by many.

Monks were fine considering that they never participated and mainly focused on nature chakra manipulation rather than actual worship. It was the Jashinists that everyone feared and hated.

They are said to worship a man with pale skin and a long mohawk of black hair tied in a long ponytail style reaching his lower-back with a diamond on his chin. Apparently there sacrifices make the 'God' stronger.

But this God of theirs seems to have the same description of the man that attacked his father's group. And if this God needed sacrifices...he glanced at Tenshi and remembered something else.

Jashin (if that was even his real name) had three angels. The first betrayed him and left him for dead. The second died after he tried to take over their body. And the third...the third was new. Nothing was known about them.

But the second angels death allowed him to gain a lot of power apparently. And he heard the rumours, he knows Jashin is looking for a new vessel since his human body is weak.

And really, someone should do something about him but he always slips away and everyone is so focused on killing each other that no one really cares if some unknown guy is sacrificing people. What is important is making sure that other people don't know that there people are being sacrificed.

But this is all just a theory he had been sitting on. If it is true or not is something he may never find out. But he will keep an eye out for any Jashinists or people with diamonds on there skin. Just incase.

AN

Hope you enjoyed

14/09/2022